Teaching Speaking with Lesson Planning

Rachelle Ann M. Gonzales
Anyone can speak the language, can teach the language?

I disagree. Teaching a particular language like for example an English Language is not an easy task because speaking as your ability and skill is not suitable for you to teach it. Actually, there are so many people who can speak language especially when they are native speaker of this language but suddenly whenever I am listening to them and I am trying to criticize them I found their errors semantically, syntactically, and even in it’s phonologically. They’re abiding the rules of grammar. Basically, they can deliver it in excellent way, with their modulated voice and with dynamism and knowing that everybody is interested listening to them. I realized that they can speak the language very well but how they will be able to teach it if they don’t know the proper pronunciation, correct usage of word and also the right order of the word. So, meaning speaking the language is not enough to teach it. It needs more knowledge, effort and hard time to learn about rules, strategies, and techniques about the language first before you teach it instead of simply speaking with it.
In addition, being a teacher of language is not only being good in speaking. You must be particular in every rules, techniques, and strategies that will enable for you to teach it. Also, you need a lot of certificates of training that will serve as your evidence as a teacher of this language.

Re: Teaching Speaking with Lesson Planning

Marvin E. Sta. Maria
Does anyone who speaks the language can teach the language?

Every individual has a power and potential to learn on how to speak a specific language, even though we have our mother tongue or first language. We can also adopt other language when it comes in speaking, but not all people who know how to speak the language can teach it. We use to speak language in order for us to communicate or interact with other people whether it is our family, friends, relatives, and business partners. For some reason, an individual who speak language cannot teach the language too, because in order to achieve and teach it effectively, we must need a depth understanding, knowledge, and expertise on how to use it not only in speaking but also in other aspect of learning.
In addition, ordinary people cannot teach the language even though they know how to speak it. It is very easy for us to say that we can speak it, but the point is, do we know how to interpret it correctly.  Mispronounce of any word may lead to a misunderstanding if an ordinary people teach it without any experience in teaching. In teaching, we must consider many things in order to have a better, effective and understandable learning. Moreover, we should take into consideration the rules of every language not only on how to speak it but also in writing, reading and listening.