Teaching Speaking ~ Midterm Requirements (Partial)

Teaching Speaking ~ Midterm Requirements (Partial)

teacher_marx
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Hi BSED 3-A,

Please use this page to post your course assignment in Teaching Speaking. Thank you!

Looking forward to reading your work soon.

Regards,

Marx

Re: Teaching Speaking ~ Midterm Requirements (Partial)

jennie nazul
           ANYONE WHO SPEAK THE LANGUAGE CAN TEACH THE LANGUAGE

     As we all know ENGLISH is our universal language.It is not easy to learn or understand,it have many rules,classification and varieties.To learn this language needs deep understanding  or concept about grammar, pronounciation, sentence pattern and so on that's why we must learn it properly.

      Eventhough they speak the language that's not the reason for them to teach it. Like what I have said it needs a deep understanding. For those individual wants to learn more about it ofcourse you need a person which have mastery about the topic or know a lot from the said language. But their are some instances which other teach this language without even knowing the wholeness of what they are teaching. The question is, Are the learner acquire knowledge or learn on their desired outcome?

Re: Teaching Speaking ~ Midterm Requirements (Partial)

Arlene Joy Q. Castillo
Is anyone who can speak the language can teach the language?

Regarding that question people may have different point of views. Some might say a man who can speak the language can’t teach the language while others may say anyone who can speak the language can teach the language as well. Not necessarily, because a good teacher must be acquainted and proficient in speaking the language he/she going to teach with the students. It does not mean when you speak the language you are already having the full capacity of teaching it. Just knowing to speak does not guarantee that you can teach well the language, you have to be knowledgeable enough for the learners to learn effectively.

But In some way I firmly believe in the saying you can’t give an advice unless you asked for it or you cannot give someone something you do not have. In relation with the question given, you cannot teach the language if you yourself do not know how to speak it or you do not know how to use it but then we have to take consideration with the knowledge and skills a teacher must possess to be effective in teaching the language and not just by knowing how to speak.

Re: Teaching Speaking ~ Midterm Requirements (Partial)

 John Michael V. Cabantugan

Is anyone who speak language can teach a language?

    I disagree with that!, the one who speak language cannot teach a language. Because there are things to be considered for you to be able to teach a language like a graduate of bachelor course related in teaching language and those who have the authorities to teach language are the teachers, linguists, and grammarians, so meaning even you can speak a particular language it doesn't mean that you can teach language because speaking language is natural to all for us to communicate well with one another and even we know how to speak language particularly the English language we usually commit some mistakes and form that situation we cannot deny the fact that teaching language require not only the speaking ability  but also your ability teach other.

    Teaching language is a profession, meaning you can teach a language if you are a professional one, like a teacher (teacher of English language). Professionals (like teachers) are those who have the ability to teach language because they have strong and concrete foundation with regards on how to teach the language properly, how to motivate student and what are the move and strategies to be used because in teaching their should be a formality, so by that we cannot say that those who speak language particularly the English language can teach a language also .If that happen the why should teachers of language need to study for almost 4 years for their course if they can teach language because they can speak it.

Re: Teaching Speaking ~ Midterm Requirements (Partial)

Analeah Bandolin
           ANYONE WHO SPEAK THE LANGUAGE CAN TEACH THE LANGUAGE

    Teaching a language is one of the crucial job or profession, this requires deep knowledge of a particular language, skills, mastery and need to be practiced. Anyone can teach basic words of a language like in English but not in deep context. The word teaching/teach comes with different factor specially the language, this needs fluency in grammar, the accurate pronunciation the sound production, the sentence construction, it requires the wide range of vocabulary and at the same time one has the patience of transferring and teaching this topic.
    Though you can speak the language, you need to be qualified first before having the right to teach it. You need to study it to be more knowledgeable, you need to be well trained and undergo several studies. Yes it is easy to say that you are good in that language but when it pertains to teaching the language it comes with  big responsibility and care. For the learners, learning a language is critical so the teacher needs to be effective. So I assume that anyone who knew the can teach the language, they may in those simple words but not in deeper context.

Re: Teaching Speaking ~ Midterm Requirements (Partial)

Claris Joy D. Cadapan
Does anyone who can speak the language can teach the language?
Teaching is not an easy task. It is not just a simple activity of a teacher. It takes time and needs efforts to think different techniques and strategies that can be used to have an effective teaching-learning process. You keep on talking and managing the class within an hour or couple of hours. That is why it is really important to have knowledge and dedication to your profession.
So, teaching a language is not only about the fluency of speaking it but also it is essential to have enough knowledge about it. As what someone says, “Teaching a language is a bit difficult than teaching other things. You need to understand the feeling attached with words and also learners’ language.”
The quotation above means teaching a language is crucial. It is not the same as the way you teach other things. And I agree with this.A person who can speak a certain language CANNOT teach the language.As what I have stated above, teaching is not an easy task. It is an art that needs a certain amount of practice and knowledge. It is anything takes skills that have to be learned. He/she should be knowledgeable enough to the rules of the language specifically in grammar rules and how to use the language for him/her to have a chance to teach. For instance, a person who’s living in America. He/she doesn’t need to made efforts to learn how to speak English very well and fluently because it is their medium of communication. Although a seven year old child can speak their language yet, he/she is not already acquainted to the proper usage of English and the grammar rules.
Therefore, it is not necessary that a person who can speak the language can teach it as well. Because teaching a language is not only about speaking the language but knowing the language.

Re: Teaching Speaking ~ Midterm Requirements (Partial)

Sharmaine Villaflores
Anyone can speak the language, can teach the language.
        For me, not every person who can speak the language can teach the language. Same thing as a person who knows something, can say anything. Thus if a person have a complete knowledge of what he is going to say or speak then maybe he could teach what he knows. There are lot of things to consider in teaching a particular language or a language itself, such as the pronunciation, spelling, or even the meaning of the words you are going to teach. It is like you are giving an information without knowing the importance of it. Yes, anyone can speak a language, basically if it is their native language but do they know how to teach it? They know a language by simply speaking a language or hearing a language not knowing that there could be other way to learn a language.
        Teachers undergone several training and seminars for them to be able to fully understand what and how they are going to teach a specific course, say for instance a language teacher teaching an English class. Teacher must be aware of what he says or what he is going to say same thing as a simple person who can only speak the language without knowing every part of it. Teaching a language is quite difficult because words are dynamic, and also we have to understand that words do have their meaning, pronunciation and spelling. There are grammar rules, sentence patterns, the agreement of the subject and the verb, and even the correct structure of a paragraph. As a future teacher, I should take into consideration these factors. Sooner I will be a language teacher and right now I still don’t have a complete knowledge on teaching the language that is why I am still learning the language itself for me to be able to teach the language in the future.

Re: Teaching Speaking ~ Midterm Requirements (Partial)

Claris Joy D. Cadapan
Does anyone who speaks the language can teach the language?

Every individual has a power and potential to learn on how to speak a specific language, even though we have our mother tongue or first language. We can also adopt other language when it comes in speaking, but not all people who know how to speak the language can teach it. We use to speak language in order for us to communicate or interact with other people whether it is our family, friends, relatives, and business partners. For some reason, an individual who speak language cannot teach the language too, because in order to achieve and teach it effectively, we must need a depth understanding, knowledge, and expertise on how to use it not only in speaking but also in other aspect of learning.
In addition, ordinary people cannot teach the language even though they know how to speak it. It is very easy for us to say that we can speak it, but the point is, do we know how to interpret it correctly.  Mispronounce of any word may lead to a misunderstanding if an ordinary people teach it without any experience in teaching. In teaching, we must consider many things in order to have a better, effective and understandable learning. Moreover, we should take into consideration the rules of every language not only on how to speak it but also in writing, reading and listening.

 Prepared by:
Marvin E. Sta. Maria
  BSED III-A

Re: Teaching Speaking ~ Midterm Requirements (Partial)

Mia Desiree B. Navarro
 Anyone can speak the language can teach the language

    For me it is no, it is because not all people can teach the language specifically a particular language.All of us know how to speak the language when it is our native language.As we can see there are lot of people who is good in speaking language when it comes on communicating to other people but even if they are good in speaking,it is not the reason to teach it because when we are teaching a particular language we need to consider different areas specifically the grammar,the correct pronunciation of the word and the construction of sentences.That's the reason why we can't be able to teach the language easily.

   In addition,teaching is not an easy task, you have to consider many things before you teach.As a future teacher we should know how to speak the language in a right way and teach it in a proper way for our students to be able to learn.As a human being we can easily learn how to speak without considering the fact that it has rules. That's the reason why I don't agree that when we can speak we are able to teach it.

Re: Teaching Speaking ~ Midterm Requirements (Partial)

Rachelle Ann M. Gonzales
Anyone can speak the language, can teach the language?

I disagree. Teaching a particular language like for example an English Language is not an easy task because speaking as your ability and skill is not suitable for you to teach it. Actually, there are so many people who can speak language especially when they are native speaker of this language but suddenly whenever I am listening to them and I am trying to criticize them I found their errors semantically, syntactically, and even in it’s phonologically. They’re abiding the rules of grammar. Basically, they can deliver it in excellent way, with their modulated voice and with dynamism and knowing that everybody is interested listening to them. I realized that they can speak the language very well but how they will be able to teach it if they don’t know the proper pronunciation, correct usage of word and also the right order of the word. So, meaning speaking the language is not enough to teach it. It needs more knowledge, effort and hard time to learn about rules, strategies, and techniques about the language first before you teach it instead of simply speaking with it.
In addition, being a teacher of language is not only being good in speaking. You must be particular in every rules, techniques, and strategies that will enable for you to teach it. Also, you need a lot of certificates of training that will serve as your evidence as a teacher of this language.

Re: Teaching Speaking ~ Midterm Requirements (Partial)

GARCIA, VERGIE E.
Does anyone who speaks the language can teach the language?
      I disagree, not anyone who can speak the language can teach the language. Why? because if you are a professional person, a doctor to be specific, yes you can speak language right? but do you think you can teach the language without undergone several studies, seminars and workshops that can prove that you can teach it?. HIGH CONTENT if you can speak language and what about if you teach it to your student? it is LOW TECHNIQUE.Yes, you have an idea on how to speak but you don`t know how to to delivered and present it to your student. you are just teaching without imparting knowledge to them so, it`s useless after all.
       If you want to teach an specific language, you must knowledgeable on that subject area. You should study the teaching methodology and teaching techniques as well as the theory of that particular language. Through that you can teach your students or a person on how to speak, write and many things that they can know in language.

Re: Teaching Speaking ~ Midterm Requirements (Partial)

BALQUEN, ARCELY R.
    I won't argue that anyone has a capability of speaking language specifically the English language. I won't argue that anyone can communicate using a sign language like body language. But there  is a question that triggered on my mind, " Is anyone who speaks language can teach the language? Well, here is my personal point of view.
    Not all people who speaks the language can teach the language because teaching language particularly teaching English is a profession in which it takes several years to e able to learn the true essence and purpose of feeding knowledge to the learners. Teaching the language undergone with rules, regulations and structures to be mastered or to be learned before teaching. That is why our government provided tertiary level, masters degree, doctorate and so on, for us to avail and acquire all the necessary requirements in teaching.

Re: Teaching Speaking ~ Midterm Requirements (Partial)

Gemma Gay D. Sugale
All of us can learn the language and capable to use it but not everyone of are capable to teach it. Regarding to the question “Does anyone who speaks the language can teach the language?” for me, no. Even you are good in speaking, it will be hard for you to teach the language because we may know how to speak the language but we cannot deny the fact that not everyone has the ability to transfer knowledge to another person.

For me, the word “teach” is for professionals. It means that as a language teacher, you must have a strong foundation. You have to undergo from proper training to gain more knowledge and strategies on how to teach the language. You must takes first several steps before teaching.Your abilities and skills must be strong before engaging yourself in that profession.

Re: Teaching Speaking ~ Midterm Requirements (Partial)

Thisabelle Katherine Santos
I am disagree that anybody who speaks language can teach it for the reason that not all people who can speak a certain language has a broad knowledge about the language that they have spoken too.

not all who can speak language the same thing that you can give anything you have. sometimes, it is not appropriate for them to have it.

Re: Teaching Speaking ~ Midterm Requirements (Partial)

Erlie Lizardo
Is anyone who speaks the language can teach the language?

Every people is capable of knowing and learning the language, but it doesn't mean s/he can teach it. We cannot deny that native speakers commit errors when it comes to grammar. Language is a big thing, that is why it is not an easy for someone who just speaks the language to teach it. On the other hand, no matter how good a person is in using the language, s/he can't still teach the language if s/he doesn't have a strong foundation and the right to teach it.

My answer for this question is no. I think, even though a person can speak the language, s/he can't still be able to teach it, for s/he must have a degree first for it to be formal and accepted in the field of teaching. For instance, a tutor should at least finished a vocation and a coach has trained for years before growing the knowledge, skills and abilities needed for their fields. Meaning to say, a person should have a deep knowledge about the language and should have a formal training before engaging himself/herself in his/her professions. Same as in teaching the language. A person should be a full package. S/he should have those qualities and achievements as a strong foundation when we talk about formality. A person should be a professional or well authorized.

Re: Teaching Speaking ~ Midterm Requirements (Partial)

Michelle Aime Cajayon
Does anyone who can speaks language can teach the language?
At first, you usually needed to know the background standard of the speakers or the one who speaks the language if he/she graduated or not with a possible course that is connecting to the language subject or course. That is why the government formulating an Educational System for us to know how effective and how sufficient the speaker or the one who taught a language subject.

Language is very essential to us especially today. Everyone had a freedom to show what they have and who they are. Everyone are free to write their opinion and free to speak in front of many people, but it doesn't mean that you had an opportunity to teach a language. Without knowing your educational degree, even you are good in speaking the language. We have rules to be followed and we are belonged to the system of the government. When you are good in speaking the language, you might have a good job but not teaching language in a classroom situation. Students need a deeper knowledge when it comes to in learning. They might ask you about the insight of the language and the are not willing in you to listen how you are good in speaking the language. Language had many concepts and principles to remember of the person who wanted to learn. If you are not aware in those things, you much better to apply another job that is connecting to the skills you have. That is why you can't pretend yourself to teach them in anything you wanted.

Definitely, my answer on this question is no. It might yes if the one who speak the language can only teach her son and daughter for improvement.

Re: Teaching Speaking ~ Midterm Requirements (Partial)

Marx
Posting Closed (January 11, 2015) Thank you everyone!