SY 2016-2017 / Language Curriculum (BSED 2-A)

12

SY 2016-2017 / Language Curriculum (BSED 2-A)

Marx
Hi BSED 2-A, please use this page for your Insights about the lessons that have been discussed already.

Please use "Reply" button (Found up right) for your post.

Look forward to reading your post soon.

Thanks.

Regards

Re: SY 2016-2017 / Language Curriculum (BSED 2-A)

Catherine Rivera
    The English Language Curriculum for 2002 is formed and developed to enhance the knowledge for English which is the international language, to be able to cope and be aware to the global trends. The curriculum is always changing because as the time passes, the people and the environment also changes like the modernization. Curriculum must be appropriate to the changes that is happening so the student will understand and relate to the lesson so that the student can use and apply the knowledge they learned.

     The goal of the curriculum is to develop the four competencies, the linguistics, sociolinguistic, discoursed and strategic which is based on the students need for language to be able to adapt to the globalization. Of course, the student should have the willingness to learn so they can do the task and activities that should be learned.

     English is taught in each year level and at the end of the year there is expectations. There is an evaluation and assessment at the end of the year to know if the student really learned.

      Teacher should also use strategies to enhance and know the ability and the weaknesses of the students because some students are good in writing, oral and physical activities and some are not. Teacher should know that, so he/she will know the activities that is appropriate to the student learning process because student learned in different ways. Teacher must not be focusing in only one strategy because if the strategy will be bored and their learning process will getting slower. There is also a possibility that the student will have a habit of absenteeism because they know already the teacher strategy. They know when will be the teacher give test and when is the discussion. They actually predicted what will happening in the class so sometimes if they know that the teacher will only discuss the lesson they will be absent in the class.

Re: SY 2016-2017 / Language Curriculum (BSED 2-A)

Bernie Parcon
THE BEC
by Bernie Parcon
BSEd 2A

The curriculum needs to update. If we do not update the curriculum, we then cannot say that we can be globally competitive because by the time students(esp. BSEd) graduated and became teachers, what they learned would not be suited to the new generation student that they would be teaching.

On the other side, the BEC is not so different when it comes to the way teachers teach. For example, the collaborative learning, which was formerly cooperative learning, was already used at that time. What makes the BEC a little different is the four macro-skills, which are now five. Viewing is not included in the BEC which was reasonable because of the technology at the time of the implementation of the BEC. However, because of the advent of technology, computer literacy was focused more than functional literacy. One major problem of this is that those who were teaching remote areas cannot use technology and so they are forced to use the basic teaching methods while those students who used computers may be more interested in computers and forget the very reason why they need to be literate.

Although the BEC was replaced by the 2010 curriculum and now by the present K-12 curriculum, it's goals are still part of the later curricula which are to acquire higher order thinking skills that was in the Content-based instruction and would help the students to learn how to learn, macro-language skills, academic and communicative competencies, and of course, to be globally competitive.

The main focus of the BEC is the language, particularly the English language. It, in fact, would be so helpful to make us globally competitive. We cannot be globally competitive, even computer literacy won't be of so much use, if we don't learn English, the lingua franca.

Lastly, I am so thankful of this curriculum because I've been a part of it. I've learned so much from it. And I know it will soon be changed, and it was, but changing the curriculum is on of the best ways to help us be better teachers someday, and so that we can cope with the changes of the global world.

Re: SY 2016-2017 / Language Curriculum (BSED 2-A)

Laiza Marie S. Tipora
     Learning English Language is quite difficult. At the same time, it is essential, for us to be more productive and globally competitive. We all know that the English language is emerging as an International lingua franca, without the knowledge of it we can't even interact and communicate to other foreign citizens, either for business or for other matters.

     But with the help of 2002 Secondary English Language Curriculum, the learning and teaching of English provides a conducive to effective learning and teaching of English. Through this curriculum, it develops open-minded, learner-centered approach to teaching and learning that uses whatever is good and works for the individual learner.

     For me, this curriculum could help learners as well as the facilitators/mentors by learning English language. It is because it focuses on communicative language teaching. Aside from that, learning and teaching are most successful, effective and long-lasting when learners are active and enthusiastic participants in their own learning.

    In learning language, we also consider the learning strategies. It is how the learners can easily understand the particular subject-matter by using different strategies. Some learners are good in listening while others are in reading. Like for instance, in a class discussion, the teacher's strategy for teaching is that keep talking and talking. It is good for those learners who are capable on listening but the problem is, how about the learners who has a hard time to cope up in the discussion? There are times that the teacher used powerpoint presentation, so the learners that are good in viewing they are actively participates during the discussion. Some are also good in psychomotor skills. They are enjoying in such activity because they are using their physical ability as well as their knowledge about the particular area. As they have said, we have 5 macro-skills today; the listening, reading, viewing, writing, and speaking. It is important that the teacher should include all this macro-skills in teaching rather than focusing on developing only one macro-skill at a time.

    Therefore, as a future teacher we must pursue our learners to motivate, challenge our learners by giving appropriate task for them to be motivated and discover their high oder thinking skills as well as make our learners feel that learning is an enjoyable experience and facilitate learning-to-learn skills or thinking about thinking of metacognition.

Re: SY 2016-2017 / Language Curriculum (BSED 2-A)

Kristopher A. Andaya
Kristopher A. Andaya
           The BEC curriculum 2002 is very significant in many ways for improvements, developments ,and provides many objectives to perform and facilitate student's learning.
            The objectives of elementary and secondary education serve as the official learning goal of basic education as stated for a particular population of learners, that is the elementary and secondary learners.The Bureau of Alternative Learning System (ALS),likewise has a set of official learning goals for its particular set of target learners -theout-of-school youth and adults.
           The BEC curriculum is provide the knowledge and develop the skills, attitudes, and values essential for personal development.Provide learning experience that increase the child's awareness of and responsiveness to the just demands of society.The ideal teacher of curriculum is not the authoritorian instructor but the trustworthy facilitator or manager of the learning process.And the ideal teaching learning process is interactive where the learners, the teachers, instructional materials and information technology interact withone another reciprocally.Filipino learners are empowered learners, who are competent in learning how to learn and have life skills so that they become self developed person who are makabayan(patriotic),makatao(mindfull of humanity),makakalikasan(respect of nature), and maka-Diyos(Godly).Promote and intensity awareness of identifacation with, and love for our nation and the community to which where the learnrers belong.Prepare the leaners for college and prepare the learners for the wold of work.But they promote the RBEC to improve the standard of the education in the coountry.The RBEC would respond to the needs of Filipino learners .
          The Department of Education envisions every leaners to be functionally literate, develop life skills, appreciative of artsand sports and imbued with the desirable values.Functionall literacyis the essential ability for lifelong learning in our changing world.

Re: SY 2016-2017 / Language Curriculum (BSED 2-A)

Rechelle S.Tipora
   English Language Curriculum help us to be more productive in all aspects in our life. It will also enhance our prior knowledge because it is learner-centered approach. It is important that the learning strategy focuses on the learners rather than the teacher or the teacher-centered approach. It is because the learners must be the priority in learning. The teacher should allow students to actively participate in a discussion. It should be interactive when it comes in teaching. Let the students analyze and think about the particular subject-matter in order for them to discover their high order thinking skills. It is one way of enhancing their capability to think and comprehend.

    In learning language, we also consider the strategies. We have 5 macro-skills, the listening, viewing, reading, writing, and speaking. It is important in learning because those skills can motivate the learners to enhance their knowledge and skills. Some students are good in writing but not in speaking. Some students are good in listening but not in reading.  Like for example, student's strategy when there is a quiz tomorrow, he/she must get up early around 4:00 in the morning to review his/her notes. By that moment, the result must be on top as expected. It is because this is his/her strategy before examination. So, individual has differences when it comes in strategies of learning.

   As future teachers, we must focus in all aspects of learning rather than in one particular at a time. We need to provide different strategies for the learners for them to cope up during the discussion. Let our students learn and develop their abilities by their own strategies. Therefore, we need to encourage the learners to actively participate during the discussion and make them feel that learning is an enjoyable one. Learning is not only creating broad knowledge but also enhancing the emotional aspect for them to learn.

Re: SY 2016-2017 / Language Curriculum (BSED 2-A)

Ivy Jane D. Sugale
In education, a curriculum is broadly defined as the totality of student experiences that occur in the educational process. The term often refers specifically to a planned sequence of instruction, or to a view of the student's experiences in terms of the educator's or schools instructional goals (Free encyclopedia). For the students to have the totality, the Department of Education implemented the Basic Education Curriculum.
Basic Education Curriculum is a form of tool which will stand as one point of learning areas as adequate for the development of competencies starting from Basic education up to the second level known as High School. This curriculum will focus more on developing knowledge, skills, habits and attitudes through the guidance of educators. The teachers are the trustworthy facilitator or manager of the learning process. They must help the students to improve their knowledge and develop their skills in different areas. They must let their students to participate in every activities happening in the learning process for the students’ awareness. They must be the agent of change for the students to be able to face the different challenges of globalization.
Basic education curriculum has its structure which is the core subjects are Filipino, English, Math, Science and health for the elementary, Science and Technology for the high school. The experiential area are Makabayan for elementary, Araling Panlipunan for high school, MAPEH (Music, Arts, P.E and Health), T.L.E, Edukasyon sa pagpapahalaga, (the practice environment for holistic learning to develop a healthy personal and national self identity). These core subjects and experiential area are the tools which can help students for an adequate development of competencies.  This is where learners can apply practical knowledge and life skills and develop their critical and thinking skills. This can also develop their values for the to promote harmonious relationship with others.

Re: SY 2016-2017 / Language Curriculum (BSED 2-A)

Dhairene Gay P. Gamit
Dhairene Gay P. Gamit

The Revised Basic Education Curriculum sought to improve the standard of education in the country. In this curriculum our teaching strategies will be more effective. It respond to the needs of Filipino learners. And as an educators you should know how to be a good and effective teacher to your learners. We build the knowledge and develop their skills, attitudes, and the values. We provide learning experiences which increase the child awareness of and responsiveness to the changes in the society. The Revised Basic Education Curriculum of 2002 helps the educators to be aware on how they are going to teach because every students have different style's and strategies on how they are going to adapt or learned new knowledge. This curriculum is a learner centered so it is more on task-based. This is much better because on this the learner can apply or show his/her skills and knowledge. It also develop the social affect of the learners. They can participate and share their knowledge to their co-learners. The students will learned not only in their teacher but also to their classmates. With this we can promote work experiences which develop orientation to the world of work and prepare the learners to engage in honest and gainful work.

Re: SY 2016-2017 / Language Curriculum (BSED 2-A)

Billy S. Dela Peña
       The 2002 Basic Education Curriculum has different features that helps the students to become more globally competitive and to enhance their learning in related to their subject matters ,the BEC Curriculum has greater emphasis on helping every learner to improvedtheir literacy skills most especially on reading because there's a lot of student graduated in secondary or in Elementary that have a poor reading skills, the curriculum also emphasis on interactive/collaborative learning approaches. The learner learn more when they shared their ideas to each other and they developed their confidence and knowledge when they expressed themselves in collaboration with the other learner. The curriculum helps the learner to develop their language skills and to develop the four competences such as, linguistic, sociolinguistic, discoursal and strategic with emphasis on cognitive academic language proficiency based on the students need for the language.
        The advantages of BEc in 2002 are that they introduce most of the scientific and geographical knowledge that is crucial to young people, it focuses on teaching of values in all learning areas and of development of self reliant and patriotic citizens. It also features spiral progression and contextualization and enhancement, which helps make the curriculum more relevant to the students and to make them more aware to the global trends and to cope up with the changing world.

Re: SY 2016-2017 / Language Curriculum (BSED 2-A)

Leendy L. Tabangay
Basic Education Curriculum for 2002 it is focuses on the tool learning areas for an adequate development of competencies for learning how to learn , this is the subject that concerned with developing competencies in listening , speaking , reading and writing among the learners ,  it was developed for us to enhance our knowledge and skills  in English .. it is always changing because as the time goes by we also changing like modernization ..

of course, it has an advantage and disadvantage . Most importantly is the system aims to fully enhance and develop us as a students in order for us to be well-prepared especially in emotional and cognitive aspects. Through this, when we are already graduates we will be able to face the pressures of our future workplace. One more thing is that , most graduates are too young to enter the labor force. Since most children start Grade 1 when they are 6 years old, they do not reach the legal employable age of 18 when they graduate from high school today.

And the major disadvantage is that it's an additional two years to earn a degree. we , as a person work later, we earn money later. And in this country, where a lot of children support their family and parents.

The Basic Education Curriculum`s goal is the teachers should motivate there students .. so that they learn from them .. it sets the standards for what our students should learn in basic education which in the Philippines is from Grades I-VI and from First Year to Fourth Year high school. As a teacher someday , it spells out the knowledge, skills, habits and attitudes that your students should learn under our guidance. It is our guide in what to teach, in whatever grade/year level we are assigned.

Re: SY 2016-2017 / Language Curriculum (BSED 2-A)

MARY JANE O. QUIMSON
BASIC EDUCATION CURRICULUM (BEC)
 (By: MARY JANE O. QUIMSON)

       One of  the issues of the Philippine government is still trying to solve the issue regarding the education that we have in our country. That is why, the curriculum in the Philippine is revised every 10 years for the continual upgrading, which is sought to make the learners more responsive in engaging  ar all aspects of learning.

       On the other hand, the Basic Education Curriculum (BEC) as one of the focal point of the learning areas, seeks to develop the global citizenship of the learners. Therefore, this was made more relevant to the specific needs of the learners through the guidance of mentors/facilitators whom are assigned to train and enlightened them. This curriculum focus the improvement of the learner's understanding, skills,habits, and values. Hence, the BEC applied the learner-centered approach for the adequate development and the to increase the awareness, that  will prepare the learners to be globally competitive.

       One of the focus of the Basic Education Curriculum is to be learned the English language as our tool of communication process. That is why the learners have to be learned about the language, for them to be proficient and mastered the language its elf .  We can also consider in learning a language the five macro -skills in different types of learning strategies. We won't say that we are globally competitive if we don't know the English language. Like for example, most of the Filipinos are not recognize  globally competitive due to the lack of knowledge regarding the English language.

       Even the Philippines have switched to the K to 12 curriculum there are some of the goals and objectives    in the old curriculum has also included in the present. The new curriculum composed of kindergarten , six years in Elementary and the additional two years in Secondary for the Senior High.

       Therefore, as a future teacher we must motivate and encourage our students that learning is not quite difficult but it enhance and broaden our skills and knowledge. So, If I going to teach I would rather choose to practice the learner centered approach or the collaborative learning because, it is most effective to cope up with all aspects of learning.  I don't want to be the one spoon-feeding all the ideas/ information  but I want to share theirs.

Re: SY 2016-2017 / Language Curriculum (BSED 2-A)

Randa Shella Magno Gonzales
Randa Shella M. Gonzales
BSED IIA

                                        BEC 2002

In implementing curriculum within the institution it is needed to consider the skills and knowledge of the student as well as the teacher too. The mandated curriculum were done and studied by the different agencies of the government such as Department of Education, Commission on Higher Education, TESDA and professional organizations or international body such as UNESCO

Here in the Philippines, Basic Education Curriculum is being implemented before and it has scopes and target goals in teaching-learning process. It should align to the learning experiences of the learners outside and inside the school and the set and learning experiences for students planned by the school to attain the objectives of education.

In the said curriculum, it should be collaborative learning, creative learning, cooperative learning and it is also focus to the learners but because of the traditional ways and quality of teaching it turned out to teacher-centered approach instead of student-centered approach. In the contrary, it focus and the emphasis of the learning areas as well as the language instruction used. The instructional materials that the teachers do to present his/her topic and strategies she/he use and execute that suitable to their learning style. The strategies used that are typically employed to develop the content, building skills, and integration of learning. The application of information and communication technology is encouraged to use by the teachers also the performance of the students. Moreover, the grading system was specified as how learning outcomes evaluated and the performance of students being rated by the teachers. The BEC is changed into revise basic education curriculum for the reason that it not really effectively done by the stakeholders, administrators, curricularist and especially the learners. It aims for the productivity of the law or rules being implemented. As the time goes by it changed again because of the ASEAN integration, the new curriculum that is being implemented which is  the k-12 curriculum.

Re: SY 2016-2017 / Language Curriculum (BSED 2-A)

Jhuna Mae Atienza
jhuna mae atienza
 For fourteen years of studying under BEC Curriculum, I was that glad of learning a lot. I get to use the way of learning in which I first encountered.
  BEC focuses on education. They are not taught just to learn, but more importantly is to enhance the communication skills, fluency, and produce a better product of students. It also made me realized that learning is not just learning but you have to listen, write, read, and visualize to develop yourself and become an even wiser learner.
 By learning under this, you can totally count yourself as a globally competent person for learning in this system can produce an enough educated person. You can use it wherever you are and whoever might be the person that will surround you.
 In this curriculum, it is a learner- centered approach which do not only focus to the teacher but ofcourse to the listener. They are the one who adjust in every differences of every individuals. It teaches in a meaningful purposeful and imteresting manner. It also involves an interactive way of discussions in which cooperations and sharing of ideas and thoughts is involve. At the same time, I also observed that it covers a wide range of topics and does not focus in just one. Correct grammars and pronunciations are well taught. Through this curriculum, learners will know whatever lessons they should know.
 As K12 is being implemented, I knew that it is even harder and interesting compared to BEC but it's okay for the results of professionals that go under this system of education are quite good in academic issues that they can really use in their career in the future.
 Being a students and an instructress three years from now, I dont feel any doubt to what might be the struggles of future will bring, because I am confident that studying under this system of education, the curriculum of BEC or the what we called Basic Education Curriculum  will transform and build me into someone better, wiser and well develop students. It has a

It has a great impact and big contributions in me.

Re: SY 2016-2017 / Language Curriculum (BSED 2-A)

Randa Shella Magno Gonzales
Princess A. Calingasan
BSED II A
BEC 2002
As a part of the 2002 secondary Education Curriculum or what we called Basic Education Curriculum, I can say that this system of education is very effective when it comes to the learning process of student.
In my previous years under this curriculum, I have observed how it turns students to be more communicative competent. It has filled the lack of every student when it comes to learning. This curriculum focuses on how they will develop citizenship and to address the communication needs for English. It adopts a communicative-interactive elaborative approach to learning as well as reflection and introspection which the aim is to develop globally-competitive individuals. Another good thing which I like about this curriculum is being learner-centered. It means that student is always involved. It’s not just the teacher who keeps on discussing in front until the end of the class but also the ideas or opinions of every student should be expressed. Being learner-centered I think is just one of all the effective ways why this curriculum is able to produce good learners. Through involvement, students communicative skills are develop. At the same time different activities are also provide by the teachers that allow students to learn about cooperation. Collaborative learning allow is also another thing which makes us students to develop a positive relationship where there is still learning.  Through the different effective strategies and materials, it enables students to acquire academic especially communicative competence.

Re: SY 2016-2017 / Language Curriculum (BSED 2-A)

Jhuna Mae Atienza
Benny ching Lojera

Education is the most powerful weapon you can use to change the world stated by Nelson Mandela which is true,a weapon which replaced the empty mind with an open one.Education is the door to knowledge and the window for future ,the world is rapidly changing and so education too.The modern learner seeks for a better way of learning to keep up with the global trends, thats why curriculum continously changing to meet the needs of the learners,involvement of them in different competencies will help them boosting out their hidden skills in academic field.
         The BEC has been a great significance for its focuses on the basics of reading,writing,arithmetic,science, and patriotism which is the foundation of MAKABAYAN Values that are integrated to all subject areas.Integration of values is the main point of BEC Curriculum thats why English teacher likes to include the formation of values in literature and grammar plan unlike the old curriculum ,the teacher would only create his/her own academic plan seperating the plan of lesson for values.Student as well were given the opportunity to express themselves in class,discuss,and discover their own knowledge about the topic given,collaborating together to make a single point of idea.The BEC is aiming highly producing a quality learners whose flexible and adaptable in coping with the global trends.Communicative Competencies are enhanced fully bridging the students communication skills and transforming them using english language to face the truth and be prepared in the actual world.
         "Nothing in this world are permanent except change".BEC took its long run in education but its objectives doesn't really meet well.The teachers has been allowed to have control over the class,it was been a teacher centered approach consequently the curriculum produced a result of virtually illiterate graduates but curriculum has changed its now seeks the utmost learning capacity of the learners through the so called Student Centered Approach which makes them free to express their thoughts and collaborative activities building and nurturing them to develop and form their totality as learner of the 21 st century.

Re: SY 2016-2017 / Language Curriculum (BSED 2-A)

Jhuna Mae Atienza
I considered Basic Education Curriculum (BEC) as a practical and a just course of a study for the reason of making the students feel that they are in a real world scenarios.Besides these,l percept it also as a learning developer for when the root of constructivism theory started here.ln order to generate ang English language and other languages as well,it's generally looks into the lacks of the learners inspite of their differences.To prove my perception,l also discerned that BEC is closely concerned with the so called "Language Acquisition".Wow! lt's amazing! This is true that reliable applications were presented and will be presented in the entire curriculum through involving and focusing the students which helps them to be an integrated and a skilled being in the future.According to my experiences in this Curriculum,l was enabled to develop my self-esteem and competence orally everytime that my teachers letting me lead in a group discussion,report in the entire lectures while assessing me,and a private

oral reading with the Principal.However,in the advent of technology,everything has been at ease always.Through the ages,the interaction,collaboration,and sharing were improvised with the use of technology whic is connected with computer literacy.So,l sensed that:"nothing's a permanent in this world except changes".Therefose,l might be able to keep on sayim that Government is really great!They always hits the need of every learner opn a right time and in a right way!ln other words,they are contemplating to meet the needs of citizens.Thank you for giving me a great privilege to post these insights as l was empowered to remember my school days when l was in this Curriculum.l love sharing it.l hope,others can see what l had through looking back that BEC was the foundation of learning development of every learner in the country.I was so blessed!

  by :       Reynalyn Solis

Re: SY 2016-2017 / Language Curriculum (BSED 2-A)

Jhuna Mae Atienza
For the curriculum  that we have been studed the 2002 Secondary Education Curriculum,  I have been learn a lot of things that the teacher thought and by the learner centered teory we also learn from our fellow students. The collaborative learning helps the students  to build a relationships and to gathered more ideas from others for an additional knowledge  in a certain topic. By the help of different learning materials it helps us to build a knowledge and to construct another idea.
The 2002 Secondary Curriculum  also enhances the communication skills of a students to construct  an idea in able to cope up to the global trends.
The teachers in BEC Curriculum  is very supportive and responsible but some are not , when I was on my grade school one of my teacher always  leave the book in our classroom and he let us to study it

By Anna Garcia Victoria

Re: SY 2016-2017 / Language Curriculum (BSED 2-A)

John Reniel A. Barraca
John Reniel A. Barraca
BSED-2A

 The Basic Education Curriculum or (BEC) focuses on how learners become successful in life. It gives emphasis on developing the five macro skills, the core values, how students learn through interaction and collaborative learning, integrated teaching of the teachers which the teachers includes other subjects related to his/her topics and also the materials and strategies used by the teacher enable the learners learn effectively and enhance their critical thinking skills.
 In Secondary English student must learn the communication needs, the interpersonal, informative and aesthetic. As a future English teacher these communicative needs must be executed well to our future students to be able to meet the some objective of the Basic Education Curriculum. As well as the theory of language, the language acquisition child acquire language by repeating,emerging, and imitating the word and the expression they have learned and heard from school and their environment.The pedagogical thrust or the method and theory of teaching enriched by the other inputs to the curriculum such as global trends. the theory language concerned, language viewed as means of communication in the real world.The goals is to develop the four competences the linguistic,sociolinguistic, discoursal,and the strategic strategy but these four competences are not really develop to some student because sometimes teachers are lack of strategies and materials to make a students interested to their lesson. language subject for some student is sometimes called the "boring subject" that is why teachers must be creative in implementing and executing these subject to be able to meet the objective of Basic Education Curriculum for the students.
 If all the teachers will implement and execute the Basic Education Curriculum with the appropriate materials and and effective strategies, I think the student of the BEC curriculum will become values oriented and globally competitive and ready for the challenges of globalization..

Re: SY 2016-2017 / Language Curriculum (BSED 2-A)

April Mae U. Bangisan
The Basic Education Curriculum focuses on the students to develop their skills and attitudes so that they will become more competitive and will cope up in the changing society.This is also the subject that concerned with development of the critical and creative thinking skills.And the student should vary information and creatively use of spoken and written forms so that they communicate fluently.This also develop the needs of students for English which is emerging as the international lingua franca and to develop citizenship and to communicate to others.The goal of this curriculum is to develop the four competencies-linguistic,sociolinguistic,discourse and the strategic.This will also helps the students for the world of work and prepare the learner to engage in honest and gainful work.Of course the student should have the willingness to learn.The should cooperate on the class discussion and shared their ideas.The teachers should use different strategies to test and develop the abilities of his or her students.The teachers should also know the weaknesses of his/her students so that he or she do some strategy that will catch his or her students attention because some students are good in listening,writing or simply veiwing.The teacher should be creative so that their students will be interesting and cooperate and not feel sleepy.The teacher should conduct an assessment and evaluation to test if his or her students learn in his or her subject.
The students not only learn by their teachers but also in their classmates because they compare their ideas to each other.This curriculum will the students in preparing to become a competitive one.As a future teacher we should know different strategy in teaching so that our students will cooperate to us and they will become a productive citizens.

Re: SY 2016-2017 / Language Curriculum (BSED 2-A)

Randa Shella Magno Gonzales
ALFARO MEDELYN C.
BSED 2-A
Tick…Tock…Tick…Tock….
At last ! BEC was born, a product of 16 years study, the only one of its kind. Whoa! I’m proud that I am BEC’s product. BEC highlight the student because it is a learner centered which underscores reflection at collaboration to develop autonomy-- being an independent learner. Yet, it is a challenge to us to learn in our own but it help us tu understand and appreciate ourselves as a unique individuals who accept complete responsibility for our thoughts, feelings, and actions. It help us define our own essence by exposing us to various paths we take in life. Through cooperative learning, every member of the group has given a chance to participate. And when a relationship is working, the act of communicating seems to flow relatively effortlessly. Man is nothing else but what he makes of himself. Learning in our own boost our confidence considering our strengths and weaknesses. Through my  ability to express myself clearly, to get my ideas across, to make known to others the value that I has imbibed
I believed that knowledge isn’t a thing that can be simply deposited by the teacher into the empty minds of the learners. Rather, knowledge is constructed by learners through an active, mental process of development. We, learners are the builders and creators of meaning and knowledge. Our minds are not empty. Instead our minds are full of ideas waiting to be ‘’ midwifed’’ by the teacher with his skillful facilitating skills.
I really love the simulation games because learners getting more motivated as long as it has something to do with the lesson. Teachers should make the classroom a place for the interplay of minds because in the exchange of words there is an exchange of ideas which allow us to hypothesize , predict, manipulate, pose questions , imagine and invent. In this curriculum, the educators believe that we have a capacity to learned, they just have to shake us to achieve it.
12