Reflections

teacher_marx
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Hello Guys,

Please post your reflections based on our two-meeting discussions on Principle and Philosophy of Teaching . Use "Reply" found at the top (Right) of this post.

I look forward to reading your post.

P.S. Please take time to answer the poll below.

Thank you.

Cheers,

Do I speak clearly?

Re: Reflections

edrian2268
De Dios,  Edrian  G.
 BSED  4C

               REACTION  IN  PHILOSOPHY  OF  EDUCATION

      Behind every school and every teacher is a set of related beliefs. A philosophy of education that influences what and how students are taught. A philosophy of education represents answers to questions about the purpose of schooling, a teacher's role, and what should be taught and by what methods. I was amazed that it has a contribution in the field of teaching.
       Philosophy  of  Education  can  refer  either  to  the application  of  the  philosophy  to  the  problem  of education.  Examining  definitions,  goals  and  chain meanings  are  used  in  education  by  teachers, administrators  and  policymakers.  This  subject  gives  us more  knowledge  about  how  we  teach  and  understand the  philosophy  of  education.  Though  this  subject,  I appreciate  the  major  philosophy  categories,  the  teaching strategy  and  techniques  and  contents.
       Glad to have this and hope to apply for the future.

Re:IMPRESSION

ROLANDO G. FELIPE
IMPRESSION

My impression to the teaching strategies of my college instruction MR.MARIO M. SAMPILO.

THE WAY HE DRESS
I can’t deny the fact that you’re a real and very good  teacher.” Sa tindig at porma p lang gurong-guro”

STORIES AND EXAMPLES
               I like your stories and examples,since every stories and examples that you give is based on your experience in the field of teaching.I like  teacher who give emphasize and accept the real situation and not to focus on what they have learned in the four corner of the classroom and what was written.I also accept the fact that there is a big difference of what we have learned in our experience compare to what we read and learned in the school.

CLASSROOM MANAGEMENT
          Sir, a perfect management you’ve done because from time to time you asked youre student what was their experience based on the topic,so we as a student learned a lot from the experiences of our classmates and also to your experience”Nahuli moa ng gusto ko bilang estudyante” I’m not bored.

ROLANDO G. FELIPE
      STUDENT

Re: Reflections

Elh Pacifico
I would like to extend my sincerest thank you to all my mentors,molders and facilitators as they become one of the source of my learnings and skills.All through my stay in school I'd developed my capabilities in different things with my own different ways.
I am so proud to all the teachers for they had this amazing talents in partaking knowledge and transforming  every human   being into something more productive.
The main target of a teacher is for the students to learn.Applying different strategies and approach can make the teaching and learning process more effective.And also learners do have their different style in learning so teachers should be flexible enough to cope with it.But what is more important is the HUMAN CONNECTION.Both students and teachers should have this sensitivity to create a harmonious relationship.

Re: Reflections

Darlene kay G. Vallanta
Good to have it and I will use it as a future teacher. Including this subject it might help to understand how to understand the philosophy of education in the field of teaching.

Re: Reflections

BENJIE NASTOR FRONDA
Education is not about preparing students for given careers but providing us knowledge and critical thinking skills that will allow us to function in variety of roles.
The teachers role is to bring relevance to all learners and to draw experiences of each where possible, like your strategy Sir, makes our learning experience challenging, rewarding and entertaining at the same time.

Re: Reflections

Mariasol Danseco
No individual can learn without the support of another. The teachers job is to guide their students to success, be the best they can be and become contributing members of society.

Re: Reflections

Hope M. Candalura
During the first two meetings, I was able to picture what is really happening in the classrooms and schools in real life based on your stories of real life scenarios aside from what is written on books.. That indeed, new teachers and even aspiring teachers tend to be idealist, just as I am now, so I think I need to manage my expectations as early as possible and be more realistic in my approach. That indeed, students don’t learn from teachers they don’t like, because that is how I was when I was a student myself, so I am a little anxious on how will I fare when I become a teacher. So good luck to me. 

Re: Reflections

Elena
To become an educator is not easy,  the future of your learner is in your hands. Being an educator you must know  the answer to the questions about the purpose of schooling, the role of teachers,  what should be taught and what methods you must used that's why it comes to my mind to study again,  gain more knowledge,  listen to my teacher what strategies and techniques  they use to become a better educator.  For me,  the most important thing to become an educator or whatever you have done in your life you must put your heart and you are happy on what you doing and accept the challenges that comes on your way in an unexpected time, even though it is not what you want,  what you think but it comes along your way that destined to be yours.

Re: Reflections

Wilyn Tuscano Alfaro
REFLECTION

Teacher is not an easy profession according to the two teachers we watched last time. They gave their personal experiences about teaching and how it felt in that way. They sacrificed a lot that even their self and family became less priority. That tackled about how and why they are continuing their job and always giving their very best to teach and focus on what they have to do as a teacher.
In my previous semester, I kept on thinking why I have to enroll in this section aside from that I already have my degree and just focus on what I have. But no, I am here because I want to become a teacher. I want to teach, motivate and part of being a success of our next generation to become more capable on what they want in their future.
Therefore, I highly believe that I am more capable on a teaching profession but I have to be consistent to learn more and more so that I can teach thoroughly the accurate learning. Whatever happens, If you believe that you can you will succeed.
Godbless Us !

Re: Reflections

Nenita D. Poblete
First day in Philosophy of Education, we tackled about the Human connections, the teacher, the learners, other strategies and what are the factors that affects the learners and the teachers.  They found out that being a teacher is not an easy job that we go to schools and teach. Human connects, we define it in a simple way its about caring to everybody especially to our students, you love them for you to be love them to. Being a teacher we need to be passionate, love, and dedicate to our profession. And I ask myself, Can I do that? To be learners all the time for me to have a knowledge to teach and creative, to have a care to my students. Yes, I can maybe its hard but everything has learnable. They taught about the Idealistic teacher on his first year of teaching and I realized maybe its true because as a future teacher we have a many ideas want to do when we where in the field. But all that ideas are hard to implement maybe because we are lack of experience on that field and we need a courage to conquer all trials that we encounter.
On our second meeting, we watch a video of one teacher that’s reflect her Return Of Investment(ROI) as a teacher for us to think what are the ROI as a teacher. How to be like a speaker? She is a passionate, patient, love her profession and also her students. For her being a public school teacher is not easy because you need more patient and sacrifices encountered. But all that is easy to do if you love your profession and has a care for your students success. And If I were given a chance to be a teachers I want to be like her that’s why an idealistic teacher come out. Its easy to think what we want to do but its hard to do. And I believe to all  teachers that has a passion and care to all his students. Our professor ask what we think to the word Educare and Educere for me Educare from the word care as a teacher we need a care for our students and for their success. Their  success is our achievement because we are part of it.

Re: Reflections

Manolito A. Tuliao
Principles of teaching is about teaching and learning, about the students, about the knowledge and what is worth knowing. Base on the story we watched in last meeting, I can say that every teacher are sacrificing their own personal dreams and likes just to help others especially if their love his/her job as a teacher. They give their personal knowledge and experiences just to get and understand what they are teaching. And also the teacher must have a human connection or interaction with the students because nowadays, some of the students did not learn not because of the teaching strategy of the teacher but the teacher itself. Being a teacher you have to motivates your students not only for themselves but also to their classmates and families.

Re: Reflections

lailanie I. Layron
In learning you will teach. And in teaching you will learn. Yes! it is true, as a teacher we are trying to  educate students but, not just to educate them neither to make them believed that education is the key for the success of their own dreams. As teachers we should have human connection to each one of our students, we must treat them equally and teach them according to our principle why we are teaching. We teach because, we want change and we want to mold a future leaders and professionals.Teacher are the mirror of students we should act and think like we are the greatest and perfect person in their own eyes we need to have a better relationship with them.

Thank you!!

Re: Reflections and significant learning

Shimizu, Aica G.
Based on our two meeting discussions on Principle and Philosophy of Teaching we tackled the duties of the teachers to their students we watch two stories and it is seeing and reflecting on the sacrifices and untiring duties of the teachers.

A lot of things that sink-in in my mind, as a student and future teacher (hoping) I learned that teacher and teach your students are not an easy job and couldn't be easy if you don't love you're doing. Like Sabrina Ongkiko in her speech on Ted Talk, she really inspires me because of her dedication to her job as a public school teacher, the way she gave her time and love to her students. Her story stands out precisely because of the unique path she has chosen. I realized how thankful I am because of my teacher's effort to teach me. Teachers also learn from their students. The learning in class is a vice versa way of teaching one another, I've become a student as well, but I didn't realize this part; that a teacher can also learn from us.

RETURN ON INVESTMENT is something to do about the inspiration that the teacher could give to her students and that feeling of fulfillment by the teachers, seeing their former students getting their dreams into reality. A feeling that the teachers are part of the success of their students is a wonderful feeling and it is the best feeling of the teachers. Values and importance of human connections are really important in the relationships between the students and teachers. Kids don't learn from people they don't like, that's why teachers need to have a sense of humor to cope up the intention and they not bored in their class because teaching and learning should bring joy. Teachers are born to make something different for the future of their students.

Thank you and God bless us! 😊

Re: Reflections and significant learning

ABEGAIL P. CALLO
I really understand now why other teacher said that their job is not easy because of this subject Principle and philosophy of teaching. Through the explanation of two teachers in video that we watched last time in our class, we heard a lot of things about the hardships,sacrifices and their dedications in teaching the students.According to them each of the students have their own learning style and as a teacher you will handle it base on your teaching strategies.

I also remember the story of Mr. Sampilo, when he was new in this profession,he tell us the story how he discipline his students. But according to his story about the one student that he punished, he realized that he was wrong and he said before you make a punishment to your student, you must us first the question why to them?

As a future teacher you need to prepare many strategies for the different learning style of your students and you need to know the different principle of teaching like give all students equal attention in class and equal access to advising outside class and recognize / acknowledge the history and emotions of your students that may bring to the class.

I learned many important things from Mr. Mario Sampilo in our first two meetings in this subject Principle of teaching and I know there's more thing that we can learn from him in our future meetings.

Re: Reflections

teacher_marx
Administrator
Hi everyone, just got the chance to read and record all of your awesome comments, reflections and insights about the given topic we had discussed previously.

I look forward to hearing more of your ideas as soon as classes resume in 2018.

Have a blessed New year!

Kind regards,

Mario Sampilo
Instructor

Re: Reflections

KC Dalit
Good day, Sir!

Though there is a lot of teaching strategies, through the way you teach, I have learned that personal experience maybe the best way to turn your students to be the dedicated one. We do not need to be an idealist all the time. It is not always what we teach on our students but on how they understand, what they have learned, and how they use it in their real and future life. They say teaching is the noblest profession but the question is how to be a noble teacher.

Re: Reflections

edrian2268
good day..
sir, were do we post the answer regarding to your test? homework test essay. tnx

Re: essay

edrian2268
In teaching, which do you think should be given more emphasis, content or strategy?
Strategy
The teacher provides the knowledge that will adapt by the learners. The learners examine and recognize what they hear and what they see. Through the use of teaching strategies the teacher and learners can go through various understanding regards with the contents. But there are teachers who focused in content. The curriculum at the secondary level focuses primarily on content teaching and learning. Content area demands centre on learning domain-specific and general concepts.

Among three Domains of objectives, which do you think is the most important?
For me the most important is affective domain.
Since Affective domain may be the least understood and in many ways, the most important of the learning domains a similar for specifying attitudinal objectives. This domain concerned with a student’s attitudes, personal beliefs and values, measuring educational objectives.

Why do you think Philosophy is important to education?
Philosophy is important to education, because it represents answers to questions about the purpose of schooling, a teacher’s role and what should be taught and by what methods. It defines the purpose and focus of an educational institution and perhaps more importantly, the values that are taught both implicitly and explicitly along with the subject being covered.

Re: essay

teacher_marx
Administrator
Hi sir, post your answers on the proper thread above. Thank you.