Reflections (Language Curriculum)

12

Reflections (Language Curriculum)

teacher_marx
Administrator
Hello Guys,

Please use this page to post your reflections on Language Curriculum' discussion last June 20, 2015.

Have fun posting & learning.

Regards,

Mario

Re: Reflections (Language Curriculum)

Cristine S. Cuzon
I learned more about the K to 12 Program last Saturday class. I realized that it is the right time now to accept it by all the Filipinos. We have given words related or connected to the 21st Century Skills like global/glocal, modernized, competitive, many opportunities and advanced. By this way, I know that all of my classmates including myself have an idea about it now. Some years ago, I am very happy that I am not included in this program but because of the articles, news and positive opinions of experts I have heard and read I consider myself unlucky. Unlucky in terms of we will graduate obviously late in terms of academic compared to the future graduates of the K to 12 Program.
Our discussion not just focuses on this particular matter but rather we have so much talked about other important topics that connected also to K to 12 Program. New word added to my vocabulary and that is “multiliteracies” which mean many knowledge. My instructor discussed the different types of Competence and the Conceptual Framework. We have tackled the five Macro skills which composed of reading, writing, listening, speaking and viewing. Moreover, we also shared opinions regarding on the disadvantages of having technology in this generation. Laziness, inaccurate and unreliable information from internet is the product of the system nowadays.
 In continuous class we had, “confidence” and” improve communication skill” are the words remained in my mind upon listened it by my teacher. I have shared an experience regarding on speaking in English Language in front of the interviewer and he said that it is a special case. We realized that you must pick and choose to show your communicating skills depend on the job you want to enter. We must have a confidence to let our idea be heard; we cannot improve our communicating skills if we will let shyness eat us. In critical thinking, decision making and problem solving are connected to this. Students must think deeply and most appropriate word to describe a word that he/she cannot understand on the book he/she reading for example. We remembered that critical thinking was included in the National Achievement Test (NAT) when we were fourth year. And I have to admit I hardly guess the best answer in the word that not familiar to me. So, because critical thinking is included to this new curriculum I bet students will now get easily to understand obsolete words. They can learn more and understand it well.
Many opportunities are waiting for the future graduates of the K to 12 Program they can compete globally and make the Philippines more proud of them in the future. I know all the things I learned last Saturday will help me to guide all those students who are under this program. I will explain to them the importance of the additional 2 years and make them realize that they must take it positively. I know God will help me to this little mission of mine.

Re: Reflections (Language Curriculum)

Alvin B. Seniel BSED IIA
 This day has been a wet day for me.Could you imagine myself to go in the class wearing a wet shirt and pants,and as well as my shoes?Because it's raining outside and I had no umbrella,so I felt cold during the discussion of Mr. Sampilo.Speaking of discussion,its about K-12 curriculum.He defined K-12 as a 21st century based curriculum w/c includes globaly standardized,innovative,and computer based like his teaching strategy.Instead of having an output by using a paper,he acquired their students to send their journal to his blogspot.He is a technology based teacher and it gives a huge advantages to his students,like me.Why?bacause I am a future teacher of K-12 curriculum,so to be a better computer navigator makes me qualified because its a mandatory for K-12 teachers.So from now on,Mr. Sampilo helps me to practice and develops my computer skills.He discussed a lot about K-12 mission,the outcomes of learner's,coceptualizing,critical thinking skills and many more about it.And the disscusion made me aware of what to do and to practice about this curriculum.

Re: Reflections (Language Curriculum)

realyn  de villa
The K-12 Language Curriculum focused in the 21st century skills. When we say 21st century skills, the Filipino learners and professionals must be globally skilled. They can compete with other countries in terms of technologies, skills and most especially they can globally compete with language literacy. The 21st generations are born with complete and advance technologies. This generation do not know how to live without technologies in their lives. They can easy to understand and master the use and advancement of technology. They can email, text and use computers and gadgets without any problems. But unfortunately, there are disadvantages of technology most especially to the youth. The reliance in computers, gadgets and other technology had a negative effect in the youth today. They rather stay indoors or in computer shops than play with their peers outside. And the over use of technologies like computer, gadget and mobilephone can result health problems. Using internet for gathering information has also disadvantage. Sometimes there are information that is not true. Sometimes they are unreliable, unreal and incredible information.
        How ever, at the same time the youth today can be called as multi-tasking generation. They can text, read, watch, and talk simultaneously. However, this generation, inspite of that multi-tasking ability has lesser ability to analyze and comprehend complex data and information. They easily give up in such Problem. That’s why the Philippine government and the Department of Education implement a K-12 Language Curriculum Program. The new generation now is called the Knowledge Age so that the DepEd challenge to prepare the learners to deal with the challenges of the changing worlds.
The learners must be prepare to face and compete in a global economy, they must have higher level thinking skills on how to make decisions and solve problems. They must be globally competitive in terms of language art literacies.
        The DepEd implement the conceptual framework of Language Art Curriculum of K-12 to produce a globally competitive graduates and professionals. And there are two outcome of this curriculum. The communicative competence and multi-literacies. In communicative competence, the learners has knowledge on how grammar and language is use and how it is important to perform effective communication. The learners know how knowledge of utterances and communicative functions can be use properly and grammatically combined according to the principles and rules of contructing sentences or words to be utter. There are four classification of communicative competence: a.) grammatical/linguistic competence –the learner acquired the knowledge on how grammar and language are properly on how grammar and language are properly use, at the same they can comprehend words thye use; b.) socio-linguistic competence –it is essential for communicative social action-Educators play a major interactive role with both the learner and the learning environment. Learning is influence by environmental factors including cultural values, norms and other social styles; c.) discourse competence –the learners interpret utterances and words for social meaning. Successful learners can reflect on how they think and learn. The teacher planned strategies on how words with crucial meanings understand and comprehend by the learners. They must monitor the learner’s mental ability for them to know the the strategy suited to the learner’s ability’s d.) Strategic competence –the teacher encourage the learner to contextualize topic. The learner knows how to make meaning or create meaning on the given topic. It has something to do with self  correction. The learner enchance their communicative skills in English language by means of self correcting. They encourage to practice English language even in a small way to make their communication skills be perfect and fluent.
        The second outcome of K-12 Language Curriculum is the multi-literacies. And that will be discuss in our next meeting. At the end of this composition, as a future English teacher, I’ve learned a lot of idea and information about this Curriculum. I hope that I will learn move. As a student of teacher education department, I learned that teacher, especially English major must have knowledge on language and language literate. Not only fluent in speaking English language but atleast know the proper use of grammars, words, and language in order to have successful and effective learning teaching process and teaching process.

Re: Reflections (Language Curriculum)

Mary Jane S. Atienza
 06/20/15
This day, I’ve learned a lot   in our subject Language Curriculum because we have studied about the K to 12 curriculum if how it is working or if is going to be successful and effectively for the future of many students. We’ve been tackling it within 4 hours and I caught more about it. I remember that we discuss about the outcomes of K to 12 program and K to 12 in 21sth Century Skills. I Came to realize that having this program will be effective in sense of education because the students will more enhanced their ability and skills in different aspects.
I also found out that this will be the one of steps for the Philippines to be a Globally competitive and because we have a long hours for this subject only, Sir Mario was give us a short break for snacks, restroom, etc. That is favor for us because we really tired on that time because that day is Saturday and we have whole day class straight from 11:00-12:00 then 1:00-4:00 and 4:00-7:00 so I really distraught looking from pain, worry, and hunger and I really not feeling well because I got sick that time but I’ll just ignore this feeling because I need to be concentrated to this interesting topic which is the K to 12 curriculum. Behind this, I though this subject this day with a lot of idea on my mind more on the latest issue in our country the K to 12 program and I actually favor on this curriculum because it has a big purpose for us for the future we will see the result of  this program after a few years if it is really worked.
The children that studying today will become professional and deserved to have a good job here and abroad. I have a good insight at this program because all students was graduated on this curriculum will become an agent of change.
 I  came to realized that being a part of this program is lucky because they would become a effectively a vessel of knowledge to our own territory and also in international aspects the Filipinos will become competitive.

Re: Reflections (Language Curriculum)

Jacky May L. Lama
   As I think as now, we are using some technologies that everybody wants because it helps a lot. but there are disadvantages that we have to face. First the information that we use to research in computer are unreliable. Second, the children's physical development was affected because instead of playing outside they use to play their gadgets, some video games etc. Instead of researching on the library by using books they choose to use computer for instance. In agriculture, instead of the person have their work like "Gapas" they can't and no need that now because we have the harvester, which is the technology who help us to harvest faster. Their are advantages and disadvantages with this one. The other advantages are like the we can get information faster by using computer . it help us to communicate to our family, relatives, and friends which is not here. we can send our message and talk to them easily whenever we wanted by using cellphones and other technology for communication.
   At the first century, I expect that we are already computer generated, more advanced and already modernized because of the technology invented. the children and all the students will become more competitive and advance in facing their future. by using this K to 12  curriculum will help all the children for them to learn easily , for them not to late for the future generations they have. But when this 21st century would come,  our traditions, our culture will not change? Now I understand my grandfather . He told me that "in the next generation there are lots of technology that we can use " but there's a conflict with this technologies. Instead of playing the tradition games like the "patentero", Tagu-taguan", "tumbang-lata" etc. they use computer games, watching TV,and more using technologies. Yes, there lots of negatives comments with this topic but I know that it will be change when this generation is here. we are going to line up with the global standard but the problem is there are lots of people who do not know how to use computer. So that K to 12 Program is important for us to help ourselves and develop our knowledge for us to be competitive in our future generations.

Re: Reflections (Language Curriculum)

Katherine Z. Villaluna
In this generation, K to 12 Basic Education Curriculum has been the number one issue of Filipino students. In our lesson in “language curriculum”, our professor, Mr. Mario Sampilo widens our knowledge and understanding about the subject.
The K to 12 Basic Education Curriculum is said to be the “21st century skill”; but having a global materials to use for our country would be a hard thing for the government. In this situation, the glocal way; which is the act of using local materials needed for a global learning, would be useful.  We also tackled about the outcomes of learners of the K to 12 programs; the multiliteracies and the communicative competencies. The grammatical or linguistic competence could help the students’ ability to speak in a better way and a good manner. Most of the students/youth of these days especially those from the city no longer care for the situation of our people in the province and how does the foods that they intend to waste were being exerted by the others. The social linguistic competence could help student understand how our culture grows; the program could also enhance the student’s view of life, and more doors of learning from the classroom through the community would be enlighten. This program also intend to increase the number of students who are discourse competent, with this, debate could just be like a game for them; knowledge and ideas would easily sink in their minds once this is practiced. The strategy competence could also help them recognize their mistakes to enhance the effectiveness of their ability in conversation.
Beside from the outcomes for learners, the conceptual framework of language arts of the K to 12 Basic Education Curriculum was also discussed in our class. The global economy, solving problems, and critical thinking were also covered in the K to 12 Curriculum. With the help of the program, the opportunities for the future graduates would be wider that before. The intelligence could be a big help though, but with the students capability to apply or work abroad would be more possible because of the universal learning they could have. Solving problems would be much easier once the students were thought how to resolve such cases. Their ability to reasoning would also be enhanced by practicing them their critical thinking skills.
I think K to 12 Basic Education Curriculum’s intention is really a big help to empower our students sleeping abilities. So far, these learning are inspiring lessons for me to visualize my job as a teacher in the future.s

Re: Reflections (Language Curriculum)

BUENAFE B. MAGTULIS JR.
This topic had bring me more knowledge.From the start was sir Marx discussed,he got my attension because he asked to us if what is the first idea that we think from the word  21rst century?And then by his explanation clearly,Ive got some idea on that.This our present year are also  21rst century.Thats why we need to know if what are the advatanges and dis advantages by using all latest and new technology.But before of that,we all know that there are more advantages in this modernization such as opportunities,competitive,progressive,and the most important or the best thing,we are trying to put in the global standard together like the other country.Base on study of some person,there are some various on how we can not put in this global standard perfectly.And the most problem is about its our skills.Thats why we need to enhance ourselves in all aspects specially our major skills to be prepare in this modernization.For me as individual person,I need to focus my skills regarding in communication.Because some of my weakness is the pronunciation,construction of grammar,and my critical thinking skills.Sir Marx was right in his observation that he had been shared to us.And Im very thankful to that,because Ive already know if what is the most important skills Ive had that I need to improve and enhance.Global standard is not just about new tecbnolgies.It is talking about our skills.We need to be prepare in this modernization.We also need to enhance our critical thinking skills because this is our weapon will be use when we are in the critical situation regarding job.Making an easy decision can save more time and that is the most important to us.If you have more time you also have a more option on what are the other things you need to do.

Re: Reflections (Language Curriculum)

margie p villanueva
My reflection regarding about this topic the implementation of K-12 Curriculum has a big help for our country, does it really have? Will this curriculum help our country to develop and become more progressive? Questions that are not answer until now because there still no product  ok K-12. But aside from having big help and many advantages we cannot deny everyone that it has big disadvantages for us also. From the very first time that you heard the word K-12 you’re asking if what is this for? Right! Then, when you found out that K-12 curriculum is adding two more years to the country’s basic education curriculum, first all of us specially parents and students react to this implementation. Somebody said that, for what is this curriculum for? We’re supposed to enroll in college but not in senior high school again, but why we’re here again? And that’s one of the disadvantages of implementing  K-12 , the disappointment of every students who’s expecting to attend college after high school. I know attending two more years in senior high school is for them to master it but how about those excellent students that is suited to attend college and had no choice but to attend it? What if they does not like vocational courses only? And what they want is board courses, are they will suffer for more years it’s because they are obliged? See? Instead that they already graduate but they are not. Another disadvantage is, what if this implementation did captured the attention of every youth or senior high school and their interest in continuing in college get lose? So the numbers of   professionals will be decreased because practically they will work early if they can earn money at that young age. Do you think they will work here in our country of course no because they will grab the opportunity in other country. That’s why it is one of the disadvantages I’d seen because instead that our country  become more progressive well it will turn into more under developing country. And the other country will become more develop because we supply manpower for them. So I can say that I’m still lucky that I’m not under of that implementation, that I’m free to choose the course what I want

Re: Reflections (Language Curriculum)

Erick D. Lumanog
In the 2nd  Week of our class. We learned the history of the Learners skills to develop their ability, on that day Mr. Sampilo ask all of us. What are the advantages or dis-advantages of technology in the 21st century until now .many of us have a answer. But, for me I don’t have any idea about that thing. That’s why I failed to answer the question of our teacher. But , I learned from my classmates the advantage or dis-advantages skills are like, for example in the 21st century until now we are modernize, competitive, advance, have a opportunities, global, computer based and progressive. And I learned from Mr. Sampilo All of us have advantages to each other; example you are studying in school of SABNAHIS, you have A advantage rather than to anyone that who are studying in the rural part. And I learned the Competence  Of knowledge of dramatic principles on how to use into social settings. The meaning of this for me is to understand each other on what is the function of right utterances and communicative to all of us. And after that it’s already 5:33 in the evening and Mr. Sampilo said ‘all of you take a break after a couple of minutes all of us study again. And then we studied about discourse confidence. I learned how we used words to exchanged thoughts and ideas. But you Feeling well. The example is the talk show. Talk show is non verbal communication but they are exchange thoughts and ideas. We studied the global economy.if we heard a global economy what comes into our mind? Ms. Delos Santos raise her hands and said Business  And Living. And I forget what she talking about that thing. And I said to myself a global economy this is the place live, work and play .and last but not the least for you what is the meaning of critical thinking skills? All of us are speechless because we don’t know what Is that Thing. And the result is Mr. Sampilo Answer his question and I learned the critical thinking skills is to improved the skills of the children. That’s all thank you.

Re: Reflections (Language Curriculum)

Arlene Luquingan

                             K to 12 Curriculum Program as the 21st Century Skills.
         We all know that  in this generation computers are the basis of the people. Any gadgets like cellphones, internet, and PC's will be the life of people today because they spend their whole time on texting, playing games and chatting with friends even though in school, we much focus on our cellphones than on our books, listen to our call mates than to our teacher.We much value technologies than  education.We don't mind the effects of being expose to technology if it is good or bad to our health. Over use of any kind of technology can damage our eyes, can make a fractures to our hands or back.And also the advantages and disadvantages of technology to our learnings. As we all know technology can help us for easy access to information and because of that were became lazy, because instead we site knowledge from book we much prefer to use technology, we forget that there is a library and book that we much valued before. This 21st century will became more innovative, globally standard and computer based. In short we are termed as digital natives-we are born with complete technology so we are all depend on technology. As a part of this generations, I know that I will use technology but, I will not forget how to depend on books than to spend money for technology, we need to became practical.
                       I learned also the two outcomes of the learner of the K to 12 Program, the Communicative Competence and Multiliteraces. Communicative Competence are divided into four-the grammatical, sociolinguistic, discourse, and strategic competence. These four will help us to developed our communication skills because it will enhance our grammar, person to person or person to many conversations and also help us to have strategy or techniques on speaking. So these are what I learned in our discussion.....

Re: Reflections (Language Curriculum)

Alhona Pacifico
       Last Saturday (June 20, 2015) in our Language Curriculum course subject. We tackled about the Basic Curriculum in K to 12. We had learned about the outcomes of K to 12 those are; Communicative Competence and Multiliteracies . Our Prof. Mr. Sampilo discuss about those two outcomes, the differentiates and the significant of them.
        And I had learned, based on his explanation that the communicative competence is a synthesis of knowledge of basic grammatical principles. It is classified into the following competencies; the Grammatical or Linguistic Competence is means the acquisition of phonological rules, morphological words, syntactic rules, and lexical items. Sociolinguistic Competence which is refers to the learning of pragmatic aspect of various speech acts, namely, the cultural values, norms, and other socio-styles and registers of speech.  Discourse Competence is the knowledge of rules regarding the cohesion and coherence of various types of discourse. And Strategic Competence is to do with the knowledge of verbal and non-verbal strategies to compensate for breakdown such as self- correction and at the same time to enhance the effectiveness of communication such as recognizing discourse structure, activating background knowledge, contextual guessing and tolerating ambiguity. The significance of this are we could be able to communicate all over the world, in the terms of business, finding jobs, be a latest in political issues, and socialization.
        The multilitiracies is recognizing that there are many kinds of literacy at work within our society. It is means that when we are free from illiterates. So that, we gained more knowledge than before and those knowledge are came from our own society and of course because of our latest technology.
        We also learned about 21st Century skills. Prof. Sampilo had asked us what is on our mind when we heard about 21st century and some of my classmates answered; modernized, competitive, opportunities, computer based, latest, advanced, and global. Which means that is powered by the new technology today. Today is more convenient than before. We have computer that could be able to help us on our learning. We have cellphone that we can contact to someone when we need. And the teaching and learning strategies is always based on technology. We are more globally competitive than before, because of well said “21st  Century Skills”.

Re: Reflections (Language Curriculum)

Rejean V. Reyes BSED 2-A
What have really marked on my mind on the session last Saturday was on how to improve our research skills. Our instructor taught us some techniques such as rephrasing, but more than that, we've focused on the 21st century learners. I learned that this kind of learners are computer based, global, and advanced and so on.
They use educational technologies to apply knowledge to new situations, analyze information, collaborate, solve problems and make decisions. I believe that this technology enhanced learning will provide expanded knowledge opportunities which are critical to the success of future generations.

Learners on this era are expected to be enhanced in terms of communicative competence that is the knowledge on how to communicate effectively that accords to the specific social setting with grammatical accurateness. The multiliteracies skills, comprise of 5 macro skills, the reading, speaking, writing, learning and viewing are also expected to improve. These skills will develop the learner's thinking and language through interactive learning, draws on informational text and multimedia in order to build conclusions and strong content knowledge, and develop student’s oral language and literacy through challenging learning and emphasize writing arguments, explanations and information that will be very essential when they enter college.

However, this reliance on computers, although they provide instant low cost informations have disadvantages and negative effects. One of my classmates said that children would rather stay indoors and used their electronics than play outside and be active. For them, media platforms are the way to communicate with the outside world instead of having a face to face conversation that will definitely enhance their social skills. They are just talking over the phone, emails and text messages. But one of the biggest factor that this computer based learning is that some of the informational are inaccurate and unreliable. But also this kind of learning was a great approach to educational enhancement,we should just use it on a proper manner.

Re: Reflections (Language Curriculum)

Quirante, Shiela D.
We are in the 21st century, where highly competitive educators. Most of the people in this era are computer based or we are open to technology. Now that we are going to face the new curriculum which is the k to 12 programs we need to be skilled. And we should know all the strategies in teaching our learners.  There are some disadvantages and advantages in this computer generation. In the disadvantage, the children will not do outdoor games before they want to spend their time in the internet like using their face book and gaming also. They will depend more in computers rather than playing outside. They will be suffering in heath problem. They will not be active anymore. And the advantage is that work will be a lot easier.  Like writing an application forms so that it will look nice when presenting it.  We can communicate easily to the other people or places without exerting a lot of effort.
Now that we are computer based, our teacher too is a computer based person because he wants us to send our assignment, reflection and other files using BlogSpot. Yes it is easier sometime but we need money and that is considered to be a disadvantage in some of us.
Many opportunities are waiting for the future graduates of the K to 12 Program they can compete globally with confidence. Those who are under this curriculum is considered lucky because if they want to go in abroad to find work there they will be hire immediately because they don’t need to study again there.

Re: Reflections (Language Curriculum)

Chrizzalyn S. Domingo
     The learners in this age are highly technological advance which even 1 year old child can operate cell phones and tablets which becomes a very part of everyday life. The learners in this age are free to gather data anytime and can dig a deeper understanding even away from school through computers and internet.

      In communicative competencies area, the learners are trained to become more constructive and independent in verbal and non verbal communication such as recognizing discourse structure, activating background knowledge, context guessing, and tolerating ambiguity. In multiliteracy, learners are exposed in many kinds of literacy.

      The language learning process guided the learners in 6 language principles such as spiral, interaction, integration, learner-centeredness, contextualization, and construction that explain the natural process of the language. These principles deepen and made it easy for the understanding of the learners that exposes the learners to cultures, it also develop socio cultural understandings and apply them to their use of language (mother tongue, Filipino, and English) they gain insights into different values and beliefs systems and acknowledge the cultural context, these are part of macro-skills that they should acquire.
The holistic assessment is a big help in teaching and learning aspect. The lesson was made not so much detailed and not so much shortcut but holistic. It entails obtaining information about the learner from numerous sources and various means. The student becomes more responsible and independent for their learning.

       The revised curriculum are the standards that must be met by all learners at the end of basic education. The proposed of 5 sub strands of language arts and multiliteracies curriculum (LAMC) is consistent and fleshes out  the areas that children need to learn and teachers need to teach in greater detail.

        The K-12 languages curriculum ensures that processes and products of learning actively foster and contribute to the achievement of the basic education program goals.

Re: Reflections (Language Curriculum)

Kimberly C. De Jesus
I have learned How coul  be the K to 12 Curriculum when the 21st century comes.
And according to some of my classmates learners are more advanced, competitive, modernized ,computer based and of course globally and glocally standardized.
Which will help every learners to gain a quality Education .And literally help our country to be more progressive than before We have also tackled last Saturday the advantages of technology in terms of teaching, which is there must be a possibility that you would get an inaccurate and unreliable ideas and information that wouldn’t definitely help you and get what you have to. Learners tend to browse and browse than to search manually in the library.
While its advantages is to help learners  to get information quickly that will lessen their efforts and time. You can also cope the wide range of the topic you’ve been searching for. I’ve also known the five macro skills which are speaking, listening , viewing ,reading and writing.
Our professor also mentioned about the type of competence and their definitions. The first one is communicative competence-it is in speaking aspects-the second is grammatical or linguistic competence, social linguistic competence ,discourse competence and last one is strategic competence.
I have learned the vocabulary word multiliteracies which means many, knowledge. multilitiracies recognized that there are many kinds of literacy at work within our society. the learner of the kto 12 after completing the program would be a Multiliteracies. the language arts and multilitiracies curriculum-LAMC-offered mother tongue Filipino and English language that is a unified framework which allows easy transition from acquiring and learning one language to another.
He also says that critical thinking skills is the most weaken rating of the learners have this days. Critical thinking skills includes decision making and solving problems.
I can say I am not that lucky because im not included to this one of a kind program. But as Filipino citizen we must adapt, support and appreciate this changes in our Education. Let us try this new curriculum for change.
Because it will help the new generation to be able to get a job more easier, and that would fit on their capability,  ability and skills.

Re: Reflections (Language Curriculum)

teacher_marx
Administrator
Johaima Mahfar
BSED IIA

The context of k to 12 is based in 21st Century Skills which is the modernized, we are advanced, globally and glocally competitive. When we say glocal, the materials we used is from local, but the skills you are going to develop is globally known. In this curriculum, the used of technology is maximize but in some instances, there are some disadvantages of technology. Aside from being dependent and being lazy for some times, this may give so0me unreliable data. Data’s that may not be good enough to use and to understand. This may also make our lifestyle unhealthy, we didn’t able to make some exercise, and instead we are fund o using and looking at the computer all day long on it. Because nowadays, we did not know our life without technology we used to depend. Teachers should have the continuous studies, because education is a continuous process. This curriculum was implemented because they notices that the students are very literal. They are not good in critical thinking. They are low in decision making, and in problem solving. Besides, critical thinking skills is the most important skills of all, because this is the reason why Filipinos can’t compete internationally. This program must improve the five macro skills: writing, listening, speaking, reading and viewing. Students should become multi literalize, or they should have lots of knowledge, because they are only contented with their prior knowledge only. That is why they are critically unlocked. The products of the old curriculum are not well prepared and their knowledge is too limited. The purpose of this program is to prepare the students to compete globally, because nowadays students Filipino citizens are looking for a good opportunity abroad. There are different competence that we should use. This competences may help us to prepare globally, and to become an effective citizen. This may also help us to rise the economy of the Philippines, because the more literate Filipinos the higher they should rise, for our country is the one of the poorest countries not only in Asia, but in the world.

Re: Reflections (Language Curriculum)

teacher_marx
Administrator
Katrina U. Sulayao
BSED 2A

This day is the very unlucky day of mine. Why? Because I was absent on the day that Mr. Sampilo discuss the K to 12 curriculum. I was absent because of some reason first, we are in the old building when our instructor says that we need to attend our class on the new building that is too far from the old building. Second it was raining and I don't have an umbrella so, I was not be able to attend our class. Now I have been realize that no matter what happen, you need to attend your class because three hours of discussion is very important, and one thing there is, you would miss the said discussion or the lesson. So next time I will try not to let this happen again. As what I have learned or understand is the K to 12 curriculum is based on the 21st century skills which is globally or glocally, when we say glAocally it is globally competitive but with the use of local materials. K to 12 curriculum is a very advance in technology that can help us, as learners or a future teacher to improve much well especially in language. Disadvantages of technology is also mentioned on this topic, that is the unreliable data, it can be reliable unless it is published by reliable execution or company the best example is the blog commenting. It can also be bad influence in the young learners especially in the youth that the only hobbies were playing games like dota, unless it is use in the proper way. Maybe the next generation cannot live without those technology. And maybe the next generation is born in technology or we can called them digital natives. As they says technology is the cause of the laziness, just like nowadays there are almost limited works for the unemployed citizens that the only work is farming they can’t even cultivate the farmland because there is a machine that is responsible for that and in terms of harvesting it there is also a machine that is what we called reaper. Well, today's generation is very lucky because they are born in the world of technologies. It also consist of the five macro skills which is the reading, listening, speaking, writing and viewing. The new word that I read is multiliteracies or a lot of knowledge that include traditional and social literary. K to 12 curriculum aims to help in developing highly literacy skills, and the common one is the critical thinking as you can see it is also part of the National Achievement Test. So to all students that is part or would be the product of K to 12 curriculum I must say that you are totally lucky.

Re: Reflections (Language Curriculum)

delos santos leizelo o.
Before i blog this i want to say sorry to Mr. Sampilo if i am not able to blog this on time because i got a head ache last night after our last period yesterday. Im not able to look at the monitor of computer  to  encode this blog because i got a problem in  my eyes that cause to my headache.  Im really sorry sir. I hope you understand and  accept my apology. Thank you po.

It  is a nasty day. Do you want to know? It is because it’s raining and at the same i was irritated . We don’t have room to use for the previous subject. My classmates depart from the old building of our  school  to the new building in sitiu Site. I can’t go  there because i don’t have a money for the travel. Instead of wasting time on waiting for the next subject  i went to our chapel to practice on playing organ. It is just walking distance that i dot have to spend money to go there.
I got in school feeling pity for my classmates. Most of  them are wet because they walk from the new building back here in the old building. We don’t have a choice but start our class. Mr. Sampilo, our instructor, start  the class  with a nonchalant  students. But it didn’t interrupt the whole class. Discussion goes smoothly  and hilarious as Mr. Sampilo wears his hearten smile for us to encourage to participate in his class. We are eagerly listening to his deep-soft voice. You have to be attentive in listening because you can’t even read his lips when he is talking. They look like they are not moving.
But anyway, let us move on to the topic for today.  It is about the 21st century skills which characterized as advance, globally standardized, modernize, computer base, etch. This is exceptional ,  though there are lots of disadvantages when it comes to computer. We have to cope to this learning system. K-12 willgive students this kind of learning process to be globally competitive in terms of communicating skills as well as in co-curricular and special skills.
I participated in discussion by answering to Mr. Sampilo’s questions. Sometimes i hesitated to raise my hand to answer his questions but there are forces inside me to raise my hand to share my ideas n the class. Sometimes my answer is right but then sometimes it didn’t hit the point. But for Mr. Sampilo it is accepted. The important is i participated in his class, right?
Let us focus in communicting skills. In globally economics we talk about the living of individual or group of individual. If we are very well in discourse or utterances we will never be intimidated by others specially  if we wish for going abroad for a job. We can have a lots of opportunities to employ here and abroad and our desire to abroad will be elevated.
In the middle of discussion Mr. Sampilo discuss the outcomes in the outcomes in K-12 Education Curriculum. The multiliteracies  and the communicative competence classified as Grammatically/ Linguistic Competence, Sociolingistic Competence, Discourse Competence and strategic Competence.
Sometimes i ask my self , why we Have to  learn or sutudy languages? Is it enough to communicate or intercourse just in a nicest way and understandable? I thought that we just have to study English to learn and understand it or learn to  talk in English. I realy want to enhance my speaking in English skills so that i aspire my self to learnand study it. Thats the one reason why i’m here in the field of  teaching as English major eduction. Then when i enrolled this course (subject) i have learned to understand those principles and disciplines in English communication.
Again, we run out of time so we have to cut our discussion. Though we spent 3 hour in class i think its not enough time to Mr. Sampilo for discussion. He seems he enjoyed the class with us. That's all for today.

Re: Reflections (Language Curriculum)

Ivory Fuentes
The K-12 curriculum as the 21st Century Skill. This phrases connotes  how modernized and globally standardized our education is in today's life in our country. It is a good thing that we can consider us now as a globally competitive in terms of education. But, as this curriculum has been newly implemented in our country, there are some problems that we are facing now like having the lack of facilities and materials and the difficulty of the students as well as teachers to adjust to be able for them to cope you up with the said new curriculum. Even though there are such things as that, I knew we can surpassed all of this because there is no problem that has never been solved and there is always a solution to a problem.
     Speaking of K-12 curriculum as the 21st century skill. When we heard this,the word technology comes into our  our mind.This only tells how powerful the technology is and it could change the world for the better or it could may also be a worst. Seeing the positive side of the technology really help us humans to improve ourselves and it benefited us especially in term of business and development of our society.
      If there's a positive side, there is also a negative side or disadvantages of technology .Now a days, due on having highly technical materials, gadgets, tools, equipments,and machineries, many of us are depending the works on them and became lazy that we almost forgot the traditional way of what are we going to do such thing. Newly maid machineries lessen the demand of man labor in farming that is why job opportunities to the farmers are rarely poor.And for the students, it lets them become unaware of how to use the library correctly which is very essential for them.
    K-12 curriculum as technology based could made a productive, efficient and very powerful individual as well as country. Technology could help us build a better us.But the outcome of using technology is upon on how are we going to use it and where and when will we going to use it. We should know the limitations of using it.
      Having this curriculum in our country gives us a way for a huge opportunity to stand and see the world facing the challenges of globalization. I can see this curriculum will succeed on the day forward.
12