Reflection in Language Curriculum

Chrizzalyn S. Domingo
As we face the changes in our society. We, Filipinos are taking this opportunity to prove to other nation that we can also deal with the challenges to get along with those changes. One of these is the implementation of the K-12 curriculum. In order for us to be part or to cope up with ASEAN integration we need to be competent and provide a standardized type of learning to our students.

        As what I have learned last meeting, we discussed about lesson planning. Teacher should be resourceful in making his/her lesson to be effective. He/she should set a clear objective and must share it to his/her students in order for them to have an insight on what area they need to work on or to excel. Like a seminar that begins with a statement of purpose, our lesson ought to begin with a statement and clarification of our lesson objective. Make known to our students our instructional objective and encourage them to make the lesson objective their own. This lesson objective when shared and possessed by our students will become their personal target. It is against this personal target that they will evaluate themselves at the end of the lesson. When our students set their own personal targets we are certain that they will become more self-motivated.

        In making our lesson plan should have the three domains which are the cognitive (knowledge), affective (values) and psychomotor (skills). These will be the guide of the teacher on what exercises they are going to give to the students together with effective strategies. Teacher should follow certain rules in making lesson plan so that it would be easy for them to teach with their students. Teacher should select a theme that is appropriate to the lesson as well as the sub themes. In selecting a theme make sure that it will used the time correctly to meet your goal.

Re: Reflection in Language Curriculum

jacky may lama
according to Mr. Sampilo, there are many cHanges when we hAve this IntegrAted curriculum. as Mr. Sampilo said, inthis 2010 sec it only has a main theme and no sub-theme unlike in the integrated curriculum, it has a sUb-theme tHat cHange in evEry topic will be discussed. In integRated curriculum only the sub-theme change and in ome theme there are different subject connected . in integrated curriculum the teacher must become more resourceful in making his/her lesson plan. hE/she must become more creative for her to get the attention of the student for them to learn easily. in 2010 sec the teacher start in his/her subject without knowing his/her students the objective of the subject. they are not aware of the topics and activities will be discuss so, the student would become less in participating in the class. their learning abilities will not be use because they don't have idea on what topic they will be discuss. Unlike in thE integrated curriculum, according to teachers guide the teacher mUst tell first the students about their objectives in a subject for them to know and for them  to be aware in the field or area that they are gaining to discuss. the student would become more active in the class because they are aware in the field of their subject. the teacher would become more creative in making astrategies for her student, because we are now an integrated curriculum. it helps the students and teacher in making a connections accross academic discipines.
     as we can see now, what is better? the 2010 sec or the integrated currilum now that use now as secondary curriculum?  for me  integrated is  better because it helps the student also to become more resourceful. like mr. sampilo said and the example he gave, you can learn math by dancing, you can develop your speech by making the science activities something lke that. in this one we have a connote "ang gulo naman, panu yon?" i don't know   how they do that but i think it helps the teacher to get the attention of his/her stuudents and her/his strategies must be suited and effective for the  student. in this curriculum the teacher also learned a lot frim her experienrce and from her own strategies she made. thank you!

Re: Reflection in Language Curriculum

lyka jessa vinluan
CURRICULUM....
This word is very common to us,because as a student and as a future teacher we must know if what is the curriculum, not only the meaning but also the significance of this.
Curriculum is a focus of study,consisting of various courses all to designed to reach a particular proficiency or qualification.And as a future teacher it is helpful to us to demonstrate our lesson properly and to teach our topic in  easiest way.Because in this curriculum the 2010 secondary curriculum give us some guidelines or just like in a puzzle,there is a pattern to be follow.
If we know if what is the pattern we can teach our lesson properly to our student by some strategies.But this strategies is depend to the teacher,if what is the strategies that he or she will going to used to become his or her discussions more effective.
Also you need to know if what is your objective every time you start your class,to know if when or where are you going to stop on your lesson,but it will depends on your student if they can reach the objectives that you have.To say the objectives in your student is suggested but not required.
And for me this curriculum is " very organized and emphasized very well".

Re: Reflection in Language Curriculum

Rosebem A. Rodelas
Regarding our discussion about the K-12 and previous curriculum, I saw how it differ from one another. As our professor discussed about it, I realized how the component and competences in a curriculum was important in teaching. I also learned that your activities should be appropriate to the objective of the lesson. No matter what kind of curriculum it is, we have to teach this components so that our learners/students should have a better learning. I am a product of a different curriculum because I finished my high school way back 2003. Comparing both curriculum, I can say that the curriculum implemented before was not really different from the present curriculum. What I have also noticed was that even though I am a product of different curriculum compare to my classmates, the knowledge that we have cannot relied on the said curriculum. I have realized that curriculum is not a basis in measuring the knowledge of our students. Yes, it may contribute a lot but I believe that if I student really want to learn, no matter what is  the curriculum being implemented he/she can learn. Probably, learners can make their own ways so that the knowledge that they have can improve. I also realized as a future teacher I have to be more elastic, open-minded on the changes that may occur, and I should give more dedication on this career. I should put on my mind that whatever kind of curriculum has being implemented, my students have to learn something from me. I have to be sure that they will get the appropriate knowledge for them, because I am their teacher.

Re: Reflection in Language Curriculum

Mary Jane S. Atienza
Integrated unit development makes me know about the exceptional skills of teachers to facilitate learner. The vessel of learning was used to enhanced and attain the mastery of the subject area in secondary education. It’s good to have a plan learning experience and instruction because in this stage, teachers are required to provide meaningful learning experience based on the level of understanding of students and to determine whether the goals or destained result have been achieved.
I also learned that it’s very important that you have good relationship to your students as a teacher because having a nice interaction with each other is helps to students to be obedient on what you will command to them. Those techniques and strategies to facilitate learners will be effective if we will going to make it good and everyone has their interest regarding such.
Having assessment to your learners is very important because using this, the students must be carefully evaluated to determine their appropriate level of understanding and it provides a personalized approach to develop diverse learners to its maximum. It also considers application of learning in real-life situation shall be the basic mode of measuring learning outcomes.
Me as a future teacher, needs more knowledge and experience in facilitating students to rich the goal of the new curriculum that to be a globally competitive because a good product of this curriculum will begin to us so for me to begin with the end in mind means to start with a clear understanding of your destination.

Re: Reflection in Language Curriculum

Katherine Villaluna
We always say that the youth are the hope of our country. But how could there be hope for them if we cant give them the right supplement for the way of their learning. The generation Z which we call the modernized kids of our generation are now expert when it comes to multi-tasking. They have the ability to text, read, watch, talk, and wevn eat simultaneously. And this is one of the main reasion why we need to ;et go of the 2010SEC. The 2010 is the old way of learning where we offer a specified topic for all of our students, which may not be a good thing because it will only lad boredomefor some students and might be too hard or the  others. This curriculum only tells the teachers to teach whst the learners should know.. This means the curriculum that the students might achieve. But the Integratd Unit Development could offer a much bigger benefits than that. Our latest curriculum has the ability to understand our youth of this generation. This could not just help the students with their intellectual ability, but the strategies the students might find on the process of their learning. The Integrated Unit Development do not only see their students learning inside the small room of the campus but they also let them see the world and the more learning it offers for them.
But the Integrated Unit Development doesn't end on that. The plan has work for us to be able to achieve our goals. And the challenge is on the teachers. We can that some of our teachers have the argument about the matter. They need to be more flxible, be more friendly yet strict when it comes to teaching. The willingness to foregone some specific content goals is also important. This is why I believe that the strict suppervision for our future teachers should be compulsary. This also applies to the saying that "the youth is our future". Not all things appear in just a snap, our effort and heart and desire to achieve our goal are the ways to reach them. Let us not be burden by the problems of the present  but rather let us try to widen out view on the future events where we will surely get a bigger profit from te investment we have shared.

Re: Reflection in Language Curriculum

Buenafe B. Magtulis Jr.
As like what sir Marx said the 2010 Bec curriculum is very easy to use for the facilitator,and specially  to the learner.The government was implemented this kind of system because they studied first the possible result in this curriculum.But  sad to say the 2010 bec has no longer time to see the final result product for this....And the question now,what is the effective curriculum was implemented to our learner if the government will not stop changing the system every time that they have  another secretary in this department?So that we need a better time to know the result of curriculum was implemented.I hope this k to 12 will be have more benefits than the 2010 bec to not waste the past  time that goes in implementing the bec curriculum.And for the government, please observe first and give time in the present curriculum before make a decision.

Re: Reflection in Language Curriculum

Johaima Mahfar
I enjoyed the flow of the discussion that night. At first, I got so sad because before Sir Sampilo came, the reporters told us that they did not understand the report. When Sir came, they panic, but they reported their report very well, they over come the hindrance due to nervousness. I did not understand their report very well, only a little but I did not want to ask because I don't want to be embarrass and i dont want to stop the nice flow of the discussion. We often laugh for sometime.
That night I'd realized when we are in a great fear, all we have to do is to conquer that fear in order to achieve or to do what you really wanna do. I did not reported yet, but I'm so afraid to report yet so excited to overcome my fear, because Sir said that 'Our greatest enemy is ourselves' , to conquer our doubts all we need to do is to believe in ourselves no matter what.
I hope that all our class discussion would be something fun and exciting like that night.