Psychological Approach

12

Psychological Approach

Mario
Hello BSED IV-A,

Please post your (Psychological Approach) Literary review here.

Look forward to reading your post soon.

Thank you.

Re: Psychological Approach

Sarah Jane V. Besa
Psychological approach to "Frozen"

Frozen is a story about two sisters (Elsa and Anna) who are driven apart by the fear generated by Elsa's magic and eventually reunited through Anna's love for her sister.

Elsa is born with magical ice power and she feel she must keep it to her sister Anna and the poeple of Arendelle. That is why she choose to leave the Arendelle and reside on top of the mountain. She decided to isolate herself for her kingdom to keep her people safe. Because she think that the more she stays in Arendelle, the more burden she can cause.

It is a story about the importance of love and how love can be used to overcome ill fortune.

Re: Psychological Approach

Sarah Jane V. Besa
Mary Jane S. Atienza

FROZEN (Psychological Approach)
Elsa used to act the way that she's seems so isolated and outcast because she was bord different from normal people. She has a supernatural power that she can make an ice. Toward thinking that she was blessed, she found herself as a burden and cursed. Because of negativity that surrounds her, she can't control her power that always lead tragedy and disaster. So that, she decided to hide in woods and mountain to avoid herself from others. She started to be like that when she accidentally used her power to her sister Ana that made her heart frozen. Elsa felt so bad and guilty and her parents decided to keep her away from other especially to her sister. Because of that, Elsa was being strange from other and don't know how to associate with others because she so afraid to be judge and hurt by them.

Re: Psychological Approach

Sarah Jane V. Besa
ARLENE LUQUINGAN
BSED 4A
PSYCHOLOGY APPROACH TO "FROZEN"

As I watched the movie entitled "Frozen" I picked Elsa's character who was born with ice power that she needs to hide from her sister and to the kingdom she ruled.
When she was a child, she is very close to her sister Ana and they used to play with ice created by Elsa. But while playing in the wide ground Elsa accidentally hit the heart of her sister by her magic ice power that cause Ana to turned her hair into white and while growing up her body turned into ice. In order not to hurt her sister, Elsa choose to isolate herself and she choose to live at the top of the mountain alone. By the time when Ana needs a help through the kiss of love for her to overcome from being ice, they thought it was Prince Hans who could help her but it was Elsa her sister who destroy the curse. It means that Elsa is the person who truly loves Ana that saved her.
 Elsa with a deadly power didn't want to hurt anyone especially her sister. Elsa has a good and pure heart.

Re: Psychological Approach

Sarah Jane V. Besa
KIMBERLY C.DE JESUS
Psychological Approach

Frozen
Elsa is born with an internal power that cannot be controlled by the external world.It's the ice power that makes her act introvertly.Elsa is a Snow Princess.She isolated herself from her sister,parents and to the whole kingdom for her not to hurt them by her power.So she decided to abide to a mountain top after her power was revealed during her reign as  a new Arandelle queen.Keeping away herself from their kingdom is her best way to do to feel free though she's  all alone there.And Elsa also wants to love her life without hurting anyone.

Re: Psychological Approach

Alhona Pacifico
Alhona Pacifico

Psychological approach

Elsa was born with magical ice powers that she feels she must hide from the kingdom and from her sister. She decides to isolate herself by fleeing to a mountain top after her power was revealed to the public, accidentally causing an eternal winter in Arendelle.
Anna is Elsa's sister whom search of her when she fleed. She persuade her to unfreeze Arendelle. She is accompanied by Kristoff, his raindear Sven, and Olaf a snowman that Elsa and Anna created during their childhood.
At the end of the film, the sisters true love for each other return the kingdom to its beautiful states.

Re: Psychological Approach

Verna Santa D. Rabanal
Reynabeth S. Bernardo

Psychological approach to the movie Frozen
Disney Frozen is one of the most famous Disney film in history which focuses on the two princesses, Elsa and Anna. The older sister Elsa has the power to create snow and ice but has to hide it because of a horrible accidentto her sister Anna when they were a child. She goes into hiding until the day of coronation when her sister Anna triggers her and her secret (her power) was accidentally revealed to the people. Due to embarrassment and fear of her own power, she decided to hide and live in a mountain alone where she can do no more harm.
                          I understand why Elsa act like this in the story because as older sister, she chooses to go away from her sister in order to protect her from danger caused by her own power. She felt afraid also on the consequences of her power. She believes that the only way to protect the people she cared about is by staying away from them. And since Anna had no memory of the accident they had when they were little, she took Elsa’s elusion the wrong way, that she did something wrong that upset her big sister.
                         In the end of the story, Elsa learns to control her power and deals with her emotion. I like it because it serves as an eye opening to parents like me. It shows the importance of teaching our children how to appropriately deal with their emotions. It’s normal for children to make mistakes for them to learn and let their abilities go. They must learn to use their power or talents and do not shy about their differences to others. In this way they will feel free and can live a life full of love like Elsa.

Re: Psychological Approach

REALYN T. DE VILLA
Frozen
Directed by: Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee

        I’ve watched this movie many times. The movie portrays psychological insights on how the characters behave in such action. Why the characters act in certain situation and how they react and solve conflict issues?
        The movie is about two sisters (Princess Elsa and Anna) of Arendelle. It was inspired by Hans Christian Andersen’s fairy tale “The Snow Queen”. The film tells the story of a fearless princess (Anna) who venture out and find ways to make her sister back and to end the eternal winter in the entire kingdom.
        The story begins with Princess Elsa’s magical ice power wherein she often used it to play with her younger sister (Anna). But with this magical power, Elsa accidentally injured her sister. Their parents brought them both quickly to Grand Pabbie and he heals Anna. But in return, Anna’s memories with Elsa’s magic were lost. And then both sisters were isolated within the castle. Elsa shuts out Anna to keep her safe against her unruly magical power and as a result she becomes more insecure.
        In this part of the story, parents in real life isolate their child whenever they fight each other from other siblings and give advises to just forget and forgive each other to prevent a more severe misunderstanding between them.
        In some part of the story where Elsa suppresses her magic rather than mastering it that makes her more insecure reflects on human behavior. In Erick Erickson’s Stages of Psycho social Development, the trust vs. mistrust and competence vs. inferiority were developed within Elsa’s psychological behavior which is true about human nature. Any lack of resolution that can plague adults.
       At the end of the story, Elsa learns to control her power and deals with her emotion. I like it because it serves as an eye opening to parents like me. It shows the importance of teaching my children how to  deal with their emotions. I understand that it is normal for children to commit mistakes for them to learn . They must learn to use their talents and not  ashamed of showing it to others. In this way they will be able to control and develop their talent and abilities. Let them learn and discover on their own to develop their self confidence and may not have inferiority.
      The story was portrayed in such a way that despite of the villainous acted by Elsa;viewers can easily understand where these villainous acts come from. From the desire to defend herself and Anna’s desire to save their relationship, viewers can easily relate to their character.

Re: Psychological Approach

Villanueva Margie P.
Frozen movie is about the relationship of two sisters, Anna and Elsa who set apart with each other because of Elsa’s being cursed. The good connection between them started to have barricade when Elsa accidently frost Anna’s heart. Their parents isolate her within the palace where only she can’t harm people and push away her sister whenever she asked her to play.
After having watched movie frozen a few times, I can say that this movie is really good and applicable to anyone where they can get lesson and also end up for realization. It is not only a funny, entertaining movie, with tremendous animation, its highly redemptive, moral premise shows that true love is sacrifice.
 I can really relate to the character named Elsa who hides for so many years because of her exceptional power that is being feared by others in the story.I admired her unconditional love to her family that made her transform to someone.This movie has good impact to every watcher because every characters portrays and shows good character and depict moral that viewer can really attach to. When the citizens, who ruled by her King father, found out the affliction she brought, she keeps herself away from the castle, disclose tomany people and live alone. Despite of being dislike by many Elsa remains strong and keep silent but one instance changes her silence. When the castle where she really belong invade by enemies, though Elsa refused to come with Anna when she implored her but her unconditional love can’t deny to save her sister, her parents and the whole kingdom. Despite many obstacles, she made her way to save her sister from herself.This time, it wasn’t true love that saved the fair maiden (which Anna never really was) but an act of unconditional love that saved the day. No kiss was needed, just the pure love of one sister to another. Once Elsa saw the power of unconditional love, she was then able to “let it go” and make her final transformation being and fully accepting who she is, affliction and all. If we took a good look at the lessons here, we can make the world a better place. This movie teaches us about accepting who we are (flaws and all), transforming our lives despite our circumstances, perseverance, loving unconditionally, and the power of unconditional love. If we can incorporate these lessons into our lives, we can then truly let go of those pains.

Re: Psychological Approach

Cherry Ann R. Balquen
Actually, i'm not fond of watching cartoons,yet i read the summary of the 'Frozen" movie. Frozen is a beautiful story that is surprisingly complex. It reveals the characters' natures and actions. For instance, Elsa exists not as a villain, but as a sensitive and flawed being who is able to break through her inner turmoil and reveal the real beauty that she is. Elsa spent her life hiding in a room with fear to contact to human.
Another character is Anna. Anna, Elsa's sister, is charming and lovely. The love for her sister never ends. I also found that the theme song is Let it Go because Elsa wanted to be free, completely feree.
In the end, Anna and Elsa leaned the value of selfless love and they bond to each other.

Re: Psychological Approach

Erick Lumanog
 “Love is unconditional even though you make mistakes He/she will understand you, give hug for you and will protect you no matter what you’ve done.”

The conflict starts when Elsa freezes Anna and is forced into isolation.Elsa realized that she needs to has a distance with anna because every time they are together there is happening bad for anna that’s why elsa planned to avoid anna. When the night times come to both of them Anna accidentally provokes Elsa into freezing Arrendelle, resulting in Elsa running off into the mountains. When anna found her sister Elsa in a castle ice Elsa refuses to come back with Anna, creates a snow monster to drive her away but anna doesn’t give up she try again, and unknowingly freezes Anna’s heart. And when anna came back to arrendelle Hans betrays Anna, locking both her and Elsa away, and tells Elsa that she killed Anna. Elsa cried because she realized because of her these entire things happen to them and when Anna saw kristoff try to kill elsa. She runs very quickly to save her sister in a danger means True love is when you sacrifice. It’s when you choose to put someone else’s needs above your own. But the game is over anna transfer in a statue ice but when elsa cried to the statue ice of anna .Anna back again and realize that the only an act of true love can thaw the frozen heart.

Re: Psychological Approach

Lyka Jessa E. Vinluan
FROZEN

I watched this movie once but its moral lessons sink into my mind and until now in my everyday’s life I used it. Frozen is the movie that really suite to all ages of man even though it is impossible happen in a real life situation because it is a fiction .There’s a lot of good lesson that we will adopt from this movie especially those who have sisters that have a misunderstanding everytime. Because this movie shows how to love your sister even though she hurt you but the love still there. And I learned from this movie that not all beast appearance are not good, like Elsa she has a unique power but still she is a good sister to Anna. She sacrificed her happiness by imprisoned herself in sake of her sister’s safeness.Like Elsa I also experienced to sacrificed for my sisters happiness,I gave her a new things and the old ones was belong to me because I want her to become happy.

Re: Psychological Approach

LEIZEL O. DELOS SANTOS
The movie tells about the two sisters, Elsa and Anna. They got separated by an incident. For the two persons who love each other and use to be together is hard for them to be parted. For certain reasons a person choose to stay away to their love ones to avoid hurting them though they are also hurt for their action. But real sisters are understand each other to the extend of their stint. Some people becomes cold and aloof when they thought that other may not understand them and are cautious of being hurt.
As for Anna'a actions, her the act of true love, is selfless. A person can give up and sacrifices her own good because of true love they felt towards someone.

Re: Psychological Approach

Alvin B.Seniel BSEd IV-A
"Frozen" freeze many viewers heart  like ticking snowflakes.
This movie captured the attention of many childrens around the world to watch it because of its magical land, the kingdom of Arendelle where most people are pale because of the weather there.
 The movie is played with the two princess,Elsa and Anna who encountered obstacles like other kingdom stories. But the conflict in this movie is quite different to the others because Elsa is the antagonist and protagonist for the same time. This is the worst happened in the life of two princess when Elsa hurt her sister anna by her dangerous magical beings. After the accident happened, Elsa put on her mind that it is destined for her to suffer and become isolated by her kingdom because she didn't want to hurt anyone but she needs to rule the kingdom. This feminist fairly tale movie didn't focus on love and enfatuation in most of the ideal men in the fairytale movies but  centralized the love between sisterly and even men can relate to it in the way how they love and accept thier siblings no matter how it's bad or rude.
 The movie portrays the psychological beings of Elsa when she decided to leave the kingdom for the others good. But in the end Elsa learned to controled and trust to her own gifts of having a supernatural power and is brave enough to let other define her, even though they don't conform to the docile and meek perception of woman held by the  realm.
 Anna is a brave,kind and loving sister. She didn't give up to her sister Elsa , even when everyone else deems her a danger to the kingdom. Elsa, in return,discover that her power doesn't have to be destructive; it can bring joy too. The movie figures out that love demands selflessness and generosity.

Re: Psychological Approach

Mary Ann P. Bandera
PSYCHOLOGICAL CRITICISM- Frozen
Frozen is the story of two princesses named Elsa and Anna who lived in the Arandelle palace. Elsa, the older sister, possesses magical ice powers which she cannot fully control, especially when she becomes afraid. Consequently, when the girls are quite young, Elsa accidentally injures Anna. Since the incident happened the rest of their childhood, Elsa isolates herself and tries to suppress her feelings and her power in order to fulfill the role expected of her when she becomes Queen. Elsa’s primary concern is learning to control her powers or at least to use them in a way that does not cause harm to anyone. Until one day, Elsa unleashes her powers (again by accident) at her coronation ball. Elsa  decided to keep herself isolated  to the place where she alone. She totally   gave up Anna her responsibility as a queen.  I understand Elsa why she is doing this, it is to protect her people Arandelle and her sister from any danger caused by her uncontrolled power. It is sacrificing her position as a queen and suppressing her feeling for the safety of the one she love ( Anna) and her people in Arandelle.
 On the other hand I also feel empathy for Anna who grows up lonely and feeling rejected by her older sister. Anna is more concerned with restoring her relationship with Elsa and supporting her sister than to make the kingdom warm because she still believe that her older sister is her “best buddy” ever and something to do with the power of love of the bloods.
But then again ,Elsa must learn to how use her power out of love rather than fear. The same thing to  that royal/government power must not be used destructively out of fear but in a positive, creative, life-affirming way.

Re: Psychological Approach

Alvin B.Seniel BSEd IV-A
Jacky May L. Lama

Psychological approach - "Frozen"
            The movie Frozen shows us the relationship of the two sisters (Elsa and Anna). Elsa lives in fear that she would hurt her love one every time she touched them. Because she cannot control her magic that she had since she was born. She choose to run away from home after Anna discovered her magic because she don't want to hurt Anna - the only person she had in life after the death of their parents.
            But because of the love that she had for Anna, she healed the frozen heart of her sister that she made before. This movie shows us that even though you are in the dark there is a person who's always ready to stay by your side whatever it takes. You are not alone in facing those problems because there is a love that will break all your fear in your heart.

Re: Psychological Approach

Alvin B.Seniel BSEd IV-A
Katrina Sulayao BSED IV A

"Love really matters" this is how I interpret the movie Frozen. Ana and Elsa are sisters, Elsa has a magical power and older than Ana. When Elsa and Ana were child they are fun of playing in snow using her power then accidentally Ana got injured, her parents brought her to the old man and says that Ana will be okay but in return she will lost her memory. A year pass by and Elsa become insecure because she can't do anything, she wear gloves to prevent accidents, but time came that her power was known to everyone, to protect everybody she try to hide. But her sister Ana wants her back she do everything, she follow and even convince her back but in return her heart froze because of her sister Elsa. True love can thaw a frozen heart! When Ana was totally froze, Elsa hug her sister and cry Ana slowly moving as she feel her sister embrace. Ana and Elsa live happy as they were before and Elsa's power become useful and known to everyone, her heart win over her ego.

Re: Psychological Approach

Verna Santa D. Rabanal
Psychological approach(Frozen)

We all have a point in our lives where we feel that we have to hide something about who we really are, out of fear of rejection,social outcasting or failure.
Elsa is one of the main character in story entitled frozen, where she hide herself in her young life because of intense fear of human contact.

Elsa seems incredibly burdened compared with other Disney princesses,she experienced complex emotions when she was a child that develops into anxiety,she lives in fear of hurting Anna, because of that she realized being around people causes her anxiety she rather choose to be far from their place(Arendelle), it is all because of her extreme power, power that she can't totally stop.

Re: Psychological Approach

Buenafe B. Magtulis Jr.
Psychological Criticism
FROZEN

Elsa and Anna are the princesses of Arendelle, where Elsa is the older and the heiress to the throne and has a special ability to freeze things. When they are young, they decided to play one night. Elsa freezes the whole room and started to have fun with each other. Until an incident happen, Elsa hit Anna’s heart with her power that cause a curse to Anna. So they decided to take Anna to the trolls wherein they are the only ones who can deal with the matter. They have to erase the memory of Anna about what happened that night and the troll explain the advantage and disadvantage of Elsa’s power. They became afraid that she might not have the ability to control it well and might cause chaos. So their parents separated Elsa to everyone and Elsa decided to shut everyone out of her life, including her only sister Anna.
For me, it is right for Elsa to separate herself to others because her power is getting stronger and she finds herself hard to control it. It might be dangerous to other people. But then again, there are those who are concerned about her like her sister. But her sister doesn’t know anything about her and accidentally revealed her power that scared the kingdom and became afraid of her. So Elsa decided to totally disappear, again, Anna followed her and asked her to go back at the kingdom.
        Every one of us has our own uniqueness and worst attitude and behaviour hidden inside us. But it is not a reason to be a stranger to others. We just have to find a place for it where it can’t affect other people.

Re: Psychological Approach

Verna Santa D. Rabanal
CRISTINE S. CUZON

The movie “Frozen” gave me a chance to love and hate the character of Anna. Elsa and Anna are sisters but unluckily they did not have the opportunity to bond together when they are both growing. Her older sister Elsa has cryokinetic magic  and she cannot control it that lead for their parents to lock her in one room. I can feel through the movie on how Anna is longing for Elsa and I pity her for that situation. I adore the character of Anna because though all the people around their castle avoided and hated Elsa, she still stands next to her sister. She tried to find her despite of the distance and struggles she encountered along the way. It shows that love is the most powerful tool to cover all the hatreds we’ve gained. Somehow, I hate Anna’s behavior because she is very excited to marry a man that was a completely stranger for her. To summarize this, people must value their siblings in order for the family to grow happy and healthy. We should always set in our mind how lucky we are to have sisters/brothers aside from our dear parents. A key to be a productive individual is to learn, love and accept all our individual differences.
12