Personal Response Criticism

12

Personal Response Criticism

Mario
Hello BSED IV-A,

Please post your (Personal Response) Literary review here.

Look forward to reading your post soon.

Thank you.

Re: Personal Response Criticism

Katherine Villaluna
My personal approach for “I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud”

I have seen “I Wandered Lonely as Cloud” in my literature books since I was in high school, but my lack of interest in poems made me reject on reading it every time. But the delays made me regret for not reading it earlier than I could have. William Wordworth’s I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud is something that made me travel to a paradise for a while as I read. The feeling made me ask on reading it more and more.
        The title is a little confusing for me at first, but as I read the passages on, I realized that I was already reflecting myself as the cloud that is enjoying the view of the daffodils.
        William Wordsworth welcomed me with a warm introduction of the poem, making me realize that the poem has a light and positive mood.
        At first, I was a little confused, “Is the whole poem just a hyperbole of describing the beauty of the daffodils?” After rereading the poem, I realized, the author is comparing the daffodils into something. Is he comparing it to the stars on the Milky Way? I think it is something deeper than that. Then the third stanza gave me the hint that it is not something a poet like him would be that overjoyed with simple daffodils, perhaps it is not “something” but “someone”; a personification to the “wealth” of a noble man and a “jocund company” that could take away his “pensive mood”.  I think William Wordsworth is trying to express his love into someone through the beauty of the daffodils.
        After analyzing the text by myself, I thought of comparing the daffodils to my family, perhaps only hyperbole could define my gratitude for their presence, may it be the golden daffodils or any other beauty in the world there is.

~Katherine Villaluna

Re: Personal Response Criticism

Sarah Jane V. Besa
Personal approach to "I wandered lonely as a cloud"

     I felt happiness when I finished reading the poem. It was like the words and language used in the poem will make you feel happy and comfortable. It will also make you realize that sometimes you need to take a pause and enjoy every moments of your life.

     For me, this poem means to look at the relationship between nature and human life and to explore the belief that nature can have an impact on our emotional and spiritual lives.

Re: Personal Response Criticism

Sarah Jane V. Besa
ARLENE LUQUINGAN
BSED 4A

PERSONAL APPROACH TO "I WANDERED LONELY AS A CLOUD"

After I read the poem entitled "I wandered lonely as a cloud" of William Wordsworth, the speaker compared himself into a cloud- full of smoke and dust that hangs in the air. The speaker is alone and very lonely as he was sitting along the lake and thinking for something. But the poem later on shows its happiness through the image of the daffodils. The speaker saw the field of daffodils while he was wandering. The daffodils that are dancing in the breeze and very happy touch his heart and the loneliness in his heart that is being showed by his face suddenly vanished.  He felt an accompaniment and find friends with  those daffodils and his  loneliness change to happiness.
   The story is very simple that shows happiness!

Re: Personal Response Criticism

Sarah Jane V. Besa
Mary Jane S. Atienza

Daffodils (Personal approach)
I observed that the speaker uses  the first person to personalized what he says and to give more depth. I uses melancholy diction to describe "I wandered lonely as a cloud". The peaceful language and the description of beauty allow me to feel carefree and at ease.
As I have read the third stanza, I feel happy and relax because the word choice that used was perfectly describe the beauty of daffodils. It attributes me the ability to feel glee and gives me the idea that some things worth more than money and worldly goods, such as peace, joy and life.

Re: Personal Response Criticism

Sarah Jane V. Besa
KIMBERLY C. DE JESUS
Personal Approach

I Wondered Lonely as a Cloud
By:William Wordsworth
I wondered lonely as a cloud is a feel good poem.It's  the happines that lingered on as I finished reading it.He mentioned the dancing flowers that can create a joyful company and can make comeliness to your soul,spirit and mind.Your heart can feel pleasure.The beauty and presence of nature can really affect one's  mood from being lonesome to gladness.Truly that nature for him can be a good company.

Re: Personal Response Criticism

Alhona Pacifico
Alhona Pacifico

Personal approach

I wandered lonely as a cloud
As i finished reading the poem I feel  vague because I don't understand the meaning. But then as I browse I slowly get it I thought that its a poem that just makes you feel good about life. It says that even when you are by yourself and lonely and missing your friends, you can use your imagination to find new friend in the world around you.

Re: Personal Response Criticism

Verna Santa D. Rabanal
Reynabeth Bernardo
Personal approach to the poem daffodils
               As I readthe title, ‘’ I wandered lonely as a cloud’’ I thought that the author is lonely and helpless. But as I scroll down to the second and third stanza, “fluttering and dancing”- celebrating their freedom and being engaged in nature. The beauty of flowers was emphasized through the simile: ‘’ continuous as the stars that shine and twinkle on the Milky Way’’. ‘’tossing their heads in sprightly dance’’ is once again emphasizing the feeling of joy that the nature can bring.
               A poem that makes you feel good about your outlook in life. I realized that when you use your imagination, you may find new companion in the presence of nature.Being lonely sometimes gives you the best time to concentrate, meditate and know about yourself more.Nature is truly the best companion and remedy to stress because you may find peace of heart and mind through it. Being engaged with nature for me can enlightens the darkest parts of my life, realizing my mistakes and think how to make it right. Appreciation with the beauty of nature teaches me to be contented of what I already have in life. A person will not really experience loneliness if she/he learns to communicate with nature.

Re: Personal Response Criticism

Cherry Ann R. Balquen
As I glanced to the title “I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud”, I became interested to read it, confused as well because it used the idiomatic expressions.
Here the speaker is lonely and he loves to walk in countryside. He sees and identifies the nature. In the first stanza, the poet compares to a cloud that is floating over him and a host, of golden daffodils attracts his attention. As the lines go, the poet compares the daffodils to the Milky Way.
For me, the author wrote this poem because it is actually his nature and maybe the poet lived beside the lake,mentioned in fisrt stanza.
I really appreciate this poem because I can relate myself to it. If I’m sad and alone I love to gaze the nature, my mind is wandering and it cures my loneliness.
Therefore, I conclude that before we can understand ourselves, we have to contact or connect with nature.

Re: Personal Response Criticism

REALYN T. DE VILLA
I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud
By: William Wordsworth

As I've heard the title of the poem, I have no idea about it but when I read the poem, it made my mind ventured out to a place covered with flowers. The poem is simple but it brings your imagination into the beauty of nature. In this poem, the speaker expresses his discovery about the field of daffodils and the dancing and fluttering trees beside the lake as he wandering lonely as a cloud. He compared the crowd of daffodils in the stars that twinkle on the Milky Way. As I read this passage, my imagination travels. I was reflecting myself standing at the middle of cold and dark night and staring at the stars scintillated on the sky. He also analogized the rippling of daffodils in the waves of the lake. At this point, it made me realized that the poem is not only simple but it was also lovely.The speaker was trying to express the importance of appreciating the nature’s beauty and how this paradise uplifts cheerful heart. I like the poem. Every time I read this, it made my heart pleased and my mind peacefully traveled in paradise.

Re: Personal Response Criticism

Erick Lumanog
I wandered lonely as a cloud is written by William Wordsworth
Every cloud gives us different emotions sometimes the clouds are color black means there is a water willing to fall down to the soil, but always the clouds are color white means happiness or purity.
On the 1st paragraph the author try to imply to us that, there is man who is walking and then he saw one thing that capture his eyes and that is daffodils.
On the 2nd paragraph the author try to imply is he describes daffodils is like a thousand of stars at night that shines and brings us happiness means that the man describes how beautiful the daffodils are.
On the 3rd paragraph the daffodils compared the waves of the sea to waves of the daffodils the man realize that waves of the daffodils is most beautiful rather than the waves of the sea because the daffodils follow the wind with glance.
And in the last paragraph the author try to imply is the man remembers his past memories that full of happiness and shines like daffodils.
The author entitled I wandered lonely as a cloud because every cloud there is hope that give us happiness not a loneliness.

Re: Personal Response Criticism

Lyka Jessa E. Vinluan
DAFFODILS by William Wordsworth
This is a good poem for me,after I read this poem I felt happiness and imagined the beauty of our nature.I observed that Wordsworth described the beauty of nature and the importance of it.If how the nature help us,the author experience loneliness,that's why he compared himself to a cloud floating in the sky over hills and valley.And I think the narrator is nature lovers,because in my opinion he go to nature for him to relieve her sadness.
The poem comprises four stanzas and each stanza has six lines. The rhyme scheme is ababcc and there is the use of alliteration and assonance. The poet has used simile in the title of the poem and in the second stanza. The language is simple in this poem. There are eight syllables in each line and it has iambic tetrameter.

Re: Personal Response Criticism.

LEIZEL O. DELOS SANTOS
I WANDER LONELY AS A CLOUD

The speaker portray the disinterest and detachment of human in nature who do not realize the beauty and comfort the nature can give while they are suffering failures and disappointment. Concurrently we lost the real beauty of life and drown in the practical way of life comforting ourselves in the worldly things. As I internalize the poem I came to impression that some people when they are downcast they are not relieve by other comfort that unravel their angst, which is wrong. As the poet use the daffodils as symbol of the beauty of life, we should enjoy and savour the pleasure that it offers.

Re: Personal Response Criticism

Alvin B.Seniel BSEd IV-A
My Personal Approach with the poem "I wondered Lonely As A Cloud "

 From the title itself, I as the reader think that the author is wondering as a bulk of cotton like cumulus clouds up in the sky watching the dawn and dusk in earth.
But as I read and read and read again the lines under it, my mind sees a paradise-like place with garden of daffodils,yes "daffodils " this word lasted in me.
 The poem is lined up with the beautiful languages that describes how serenity the nature is and perfect to companion with. William Wordsworth employed similes and metaphors in each of every lines that creates a stunning image when someone read this poem. As a reader, I strongly feel that this poem is a superb piece of writing. William Wordsworth had done a fabulous job in writing this poem. He does arise reader’s interest in exploring the beauty of the nature. In the end, this piece really envelops the close bond that nature holds with man.

Re: Personal Response Criticism

Mary Ann P. Bandera
PERSONAL-RESPONSE CRITICISM- “I Wandered Lonely as Cloud”(Daffodils)

I really enjoyed reading this poem maybe because of its quiet and peaceful tone that was very relaxing, at the same time, it activates my imagination to explore and experience the most impressively beautiful place that has been described in the poem.
 As I read this poem, there was something touched my empathy to the first person who played as a speaker, to  curiously discover the depth and meaningful interpretation of each stanza.  From the first stanza, the speaker uses the sad mood diction in the first line and it shift to a great feeling of happiness or excitement in the last three lines. In second stanza, my interpretation goes to the perfect place, heaven or in afterlife with the sense of rest and piece. In the third stanza, the worth of joy, piece and life rather than money and other worldly goods. And in the last, the shifting of joyful and peaceful tone to one pensive thought,  so here, the speaker is in the stage of loneliness or longing for someone and facing the reality of disappointment in this earthy life .He is trying to comport himself and peacefully thinking about afterlife through watching the dancing daffodils this experience holds on to his memory which give hope to his life.
So overall, I really love this heart touching poem.

Re: Personal Response Criticism

Alvin B.Seniel BSEd IV-A
Jacky May L. Lama

I wandered  lonely as a cloud
               I wandered  lonely as a cloud is a poem that let the reader imagine or feel the beauty of the nature. This poem makes me realize how important the every single moment in our life. It makes me realize that we have to cherish every single moment that will happen in our life between the nature.
               This poem shows us the relationship of human kind and the nature. It shows that the nature can make us feel relax and comfortable and give light and hope when we are in the dark and feeling down.

Re: Personal Response Criticism

Alvin B.Seniel BSEd IV-A
Katrina U. Sulayao
BSED IV-A

Honestly, when I heard the title of the poem " I wandered lonely as a cloud " I had no idea, I don't know anything about it but as I read the poem it simply says that this poem somewhat romantic where he describe how lonely he is before he see the daffodils, the beauty that lies on it, how it dances through the waves till their radiance remained.
He also describe that in the first stanza the speakers loneliness was broken by seeing the daffodils, second stanza the describing of daffodils third, the speakers joy at seeing them and last stanza it relates how the speaker feels when he remembers it. For me this poem gives natural scene where he started it at how he see, what he see and what he feels after seeing them.

Re: Personal Response Criticism

Harvey Jhun Bulda
I WANDERED LONELY AS A CLOUD

 It is written by William Wordsworth. this poem is about their adventure of his sister Dorothy Wordsworth while walking at the hillside somewhere in their place on April 15, 1802. it is also a lyric poem that focuses on writers response to nature, it's beauty and importance as a gift to us.
 for me, we all have our unforgettable moments or experiences in our lives. we reminisce those when we are alone, or sometimes missing something. and I believe that there are things that makes us remember those, there are these we called sentimental to us. can be a scene, place, things etc. this is how William Wordsworth kept the unforgettable moment with his sister. by writing an amazing poem.

Re: Personal Response Criticism

Verna Santa D. Rabanal
I wandered lonely as a cloud(daffodils) by William Wordsworth

After reading the poem entitled "the  daffodils" it  made me realize about enjoying the beauty of nature. It is about capturing the essence of nature's beauty.
The poem uses an ABABCC rhyme scheme and it was written in iambic tetrameter.It consists of four stanzas with six lines each for the total of 24 lines.
The theme of the poem is in order to understand oneself and one's place in the universe, one must connect with nature.
In line 1(lonely as a cloud) the figure of speech being used is alliteration, in line 2(high o'er values and hills) its an alliteration too, in line 3-4(the comparison of daffodils to a crowd of  people)it was metaphor/personification,in line 4,6(the comparison of daffodils to dancing humans) the figure of speech being used is metaphor/personification.

Re: Personal Response Criticism

Buenafe B. Magtulis Jr.
This post was updated on .
I WANDERED LONELY AS A CLOUD

         I wandered lonely as a cloud has a fairly simple that fits its simple and folksy theme and language. it consists of four stanzas with six lines each for a total of twenty-four lines. the rhyme scheme is also simple;ABABCC. This poem has a theme of happiness because during the time that i am reading this, it makes me feel good about life.And that time I realized that even when you are by yourself and lonely and missing your friends, you can use your imagination to find new friends and other things in this world to makes you better and happy.
   And also I noticed that this poem has a connection about in nature and to our life. Maybe just because the author (william wordsworth) has experiencing to become a lonely during when he wrote this poem. For me this kind of poem is good and very inspirational to those person who are in lonely situation.
12