Literary Criticism:

12

Literary Criticism:

Mario
Hello BSED IV-A,

Please post your (Biographical Approach) Literary review here.

Look forward to reading your post soon.

Thank you.

Re: Literary Criticism:

Sarah Jane V. Besa
Sarah Jane V. Besa
Biographical approach to "Toy Story"

According to John Lasseter's biography, everything he do in his life is because of Walt Disney , and how it entertained him as a child and as a young adult growing up.

John Lasseter is now a very successful American animator.
In 1979, he took a job at Disney's animation studio, where he worked on the Fox and the Hound (1981) and Mickey's Christmas Carol (1983). His enthusiasm for nascent computer animation technology put him at odds with some of his superiors, however, and he was fired in 1983.

After being fired from Walt Disney company, he was hired in Lucasfilm Ltd. owned by Director George Lucas as a computer graphics animator.

In 1995, he make a movie which is entitled "Toy Story 1". According to him, when he was a child he owned a toy which he called Woody, Woody was based on a pull string Casper. And Buzz lightyear was based on G.I.Joe action figure that he also owned when he was a child.

Re: Literary Criticism:

Sarah Jane V. Besa
KIMBERLY C.DE JESUS

Biographical approach

Toy Story  1
John Lasseter an american animator and the current chief creative of the Pixar Animation Studio at Walt Disney and the creator of the movie Toy Story 1(1995).Eversince he was a child he loved walt disney as his entertainmentuntil he's all grown up.
He had his toys named Woody that based on a Pull  String Casperand Buzz lightyear that was based on G.I. Joe action figure that he owned when he was young.He make a movie inspired by his toys as the main characters to unleash his passion in computer graphics.And after he was fired from Disney because he suggested to create a movie using computer graphics but the company refuses for they traditionally used hand graphics.

Re: Literary Criticism:

Sarah Jane V. Besa
Mary Jane S. Atienza

TOY STORY 1 (Biographical Approach)
As I study the life of John Classeter, I found out the reason why he used to write the Toy Story because when he was a child, he was in loved with the works of Waly Disney and I have studied during 1995, woody was based on a full strings casper that John owned when he was a child. As he grew up, he started to be an animator at Walt Disney and he exposed to computer animation in computer graphics division of Lucas film Ltd. owned by director George Lucas. As he gets veteran in doing such, he come to think that viewers was already over viewed the draw hand pictures so he decided to use computer graphics to make it different but Disney rejected and fired him, so he decided to make his own film using computer graphics and that's the start of launching the Toy Story 1.

Re: Literary Criticism:

Sarah Jane V. Besa
ARLENE LUQUINGAN
BSED 4A

BIOGRAPHICAL APPROACH TO "TOY STORY 1"
According to the Biography ofJohn Lasseter is very fond of watching Walt Disney when he was a child and tillhe grows up, Walt Disney changed his life. In 1979, he took a job at Disney's Animation but later on got fired after he works here for a long time. In 1982, Lasseter was exposed to computer animation and he applied for a new job in a computer graphics division of Lucasfilm Ltd owned by Director George Lucas.
In 1995 he make the Toy Story 1 that became hit that time, he was inspired on creating this story because when he was a child he owned two toys: Woody- was based on pull string Casper and Buzz Lightyear- based on G.I Joe action figure! He knows that this movie will hit because as of him he is a cartoon lover so as other. He doesn't care for the character or other but he cares a lot for the impact,.lesson and happiness that the film will bring to the viewers. As he was expeeienced  when he was watching cartoons with his son, he witnessed that his son is very enjoyed watching the film so he is inspired to work on animation to the viewers enjoyment abd satisfaction.

Re: Literary Criticism:

Alhona Pacifico
Toy Story is a 1995 American computer-animated buddy comedy adventure film produce by Pixar Animation Studios, for Walt Disney Pictures. It is the directorial debut of John Lasseter, the american film director, screen writer and film producer.
Lasseter grew up in Whittier, California. His mother's profession contributed to his growing preoccupation with animation. He often drew cartoons during church services at the Church of Christ his family attended. As a child, Lasseter would race home from school to watch Chuck Jones cartoons on television. While in high school, he read The Art of Animation by Bob Thomas. The book covered the history of Disney animation and explored the making of Disney's 1959 film Sleeping Beauty, which made Lasseter realize he wanted to do animation himself. When he saw Disney's 1963 film The Sword in the Stone, he finally made the decision that he should become an animator.
For me, i think that is the reason why the toy story had been made, and also he personally gave the name of  the toy of Andy names Woody same as his when he was young.

Re: Literary Criticism:

Harvey jhun Bulda
This post was updated on .
BIOGRAPHICAL APPROACH

Toy Story is a 1995 American computer-animated buddy comedy adventure film produced by Pixar Animation Studios for Walt Disney Pictures. written by Jhon  Lasseter, Pete Docter, Stanton and Joe Ranft. it is about the world where toys are living things who pretend to be lifeless when humans are present, a group of toys, owned by six-year-old boy.
 the authors said that they are "revisiting their childhoods, recalling the inventive and sometimes twisted play they themselves engaged in as a kids". and "everyone has had traumatic childhood experience in losing their toys". revealing that the authors are reminiscing their childhood life and never ever forgotten how happy and full of adventure those times.
for me, because one of the most realizing theme of the movie that the two leading characters woody and buzz are competing for their owners attention...I think the authors are letting us to enter in our childhood times, when we have toys and we have our favorites on one of them.. sometimes we reject the old one's because mama/papa brought us a new one, our attention have shifted and changed...I think the author wants us to realize that if only our TOYS CAN SPEAK AND VOICE OUT THEIR FEELINGS?... and that is the content the movie toy story .

Re: Literary Criticism:

Harvey jhun Bulda
PSYCHOLOGICAL APPROACH

(disney's FROZEN)
Frozen is a 2013 American 3D computer-animated musical fantasy film produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios and released by Walt Disney Pictures.Inspired by Hans Christian Andersen's fairy tale "The Snow Queen", the film tells the story of a fearless princess who sets off on a journey alongside a rugged iceman, his loyal pet reindeer, and a naïve snowman to find her estranged sister, whose icy powers have inadvertently trapped the kingdom in eternal winter.
  based on my research,  Elsa,  one of the main character and the older sister of anna, both princesses possesses cryokinetic magic. ables her(elsa) to freeze things. an incident had diverged their relationship causing them to be separated from each other. it is because elsa accidentally damaged anna's heart cause of her magic and planted a curse at it. only the trolls have the wility to heal such curse, and they erased the incident at elsa's memory. many years have past untill the coronation of elsa as the new queen of her kingdom, it is the time that she  must face the crowd and also almost like her first of seeing other people, because she is forbidden to socialize outside and forced to shut everyone in her life including those closest to her. at the ball. anna ask for her blessing to marry a prince she just met, but elsa doesn't permit her sister and forced to reveal her powers to the citizens making the whole kingdom to freeze(winter). the people began to be scared of her and treat her as a threat. so elsa left the kingdom and and gone to the woods. scared of herself that she might hurt more. anna, the loving sister followed her and tried to convince elsa to get back to the kingdom.
  The beauty of this scene is that it celebrates what makes us different. This scene is incredibly freeing, and what if that was true for you as well.  What if the very thing you’ve been ashamed of, such as your sensitivity, your distractibility, your looks, your financial status was actually your secret superpower? What if this message of hope and strength was really your message? How would that look?Learning to accept herself actually allowed Elsa to realize what her true values were: her family. And it was the sisters’ love and brave actions that ultimately broke the curse and melted not only the snow at Arendelle, but also Anna’s frozen heart.

“Love’s a force that’s powerful and strange
People make bad choices if they’re mad, or scared, or stressed
But throw a little love their way, and you’ll bring out their best,
True love brings out the best.”

Re: Literary Criticism:

Verna Santa D. Rabanal

TOY STORY(BIOGRAPHICAL APPROACH)
John Lasseter is one of the author of Toy Story, he was an american animator, film director, screenwriter as well as a film producer. He also became a chief creative officer of Pixar Animation studios,Walt Disney animation Studios and DisneyToon Studios.
Upon reading the life of John Lasseter it's obviously means that he is fond of Walt Disney or computer-animated story/film.
Toy story is all about the toy, Woody is one the character where in John Lasseter owned a toy when he was a kid named Woody-was based on pull spring Casper and the other is Buzz lightyear was based on G.I. Joe action figure that he also owned when he was a kid.
since he used to watch Disney movies when he was a kid, he was inspired then to make the "toy Story" maybe because he knew that many people will love such because it was not only about the computer-animated story/film, but we also got a true milestone-the first all-computer animated feature.

Re: Literary Criticism:

Verna Santa D. Rabanal
reynabeth Bernardo
Biographical Approach to the movie toy story
                                          The original toy story was released in year 1995, it is animated film directed and written by John Lasseter. The film used computer imagery and adventure scenarios about a young boy named Andy Davis. He loves to play with his toys who focuses to Sheriff Woody, an old fashion toy and Buzz Lightyear, figure of an astronaut. These toys come to life whenever their master is not around.
                                             The toy story was based on real life story of the author because he also owns a pull string Casper toy; Sheriff Woody in the story which is his favorite one and an action figure toy; Buzz Lightyear in the story when he was a child. John Lasseter is good in making animated movies. He has a collection of toys. He was encouraged by her mother who was a high school art teacher and his father who was a parts manager for a chery dealership. He also happened to work in his father’s employer as stock boy when he was 16 years old, that’s why he became interested in toys and its history. This is the hobby that lasted through his life and eventually inspired the toy story film.

Re: Literary Criticism:

Cherry Ann R. Balquen
Toy story was written by John Lasseter. And when I studied Johns Lasseter's life i now understand why he wrote the Toy Story(part 1).
Lasseter's mother had a contribution for his preoccupation with animations and cartoons. He was funded in drawing and watching cartoons on television. He also loved reading animation and I found that he was dreaming to be an animator. his family encouraged him to take up a career in animation, he enrolled it, became one of the animators and he actually produced animated stories.
This film was directed and written by him. He noted that it was a modeling and animation development system.
I realized that John Lasseter wrote and directed this film because of his family background and his personal interest, of course, to become an animator.

Re: Literary Criticism:

Erick Lumanog
Toy story
Andrew Stanton was a writer of the pixar movie entitled toy story, Andrew Stanton explain he is not proud of his first Disney-pixar film because this is the real him. He remembers when buzz and woody are on the top of sid’s desk, with rain falling outside and woody trapped under the crate like his experience.
“woody builds up Buzz and says ‘you’re a toy, you’re the greatest toy,’ and that leads to him confessing how much he’s never seen himself as much of a great toy. It’s his own insecurity for being this raggedy cowboy doll against this sexy astronaut space toy,” Stanton explains. Buzz then looks down at his foot to see the word “andy” and makes up his mind to save woody.

Every scene he realized that he wrote is his own story that makes him not proud.

Re: Literary Criticism:

Villanueva Margie P.
  John Lasseter is an American animator,who was current chief creative of the Pixar Animation Studio at Walt Disney and the originator of the movie Toy Story 1(1995). When he was a child he loved walt disney as his amusement until he's all grown up so he decided that when he get bigger he should become an animator. Toy story was related on the author’s real life since he also owns a pull string Casper toy which plays as Sheriff Woody in the story which Andy’s favorite one and an action figure toy. In 1995, he directed the animated film Toy Story 1 which about the world where toys are living things who pretend to be lifeless when humans are presents, a group of toys, owned by six-year-old boy named Andy Davis. The movie leads by the two toys Woody, the lanky, likable cowboy, and Buzz Light year, the fearless space ranger who always compete with one another because woody was afraid to be replace by any toys in Andy’s heart. Based on what I have observed on Lasseter’s biography being an animator or being fond of animation is an entertainment to him and also his family has great contribution that push him to attain his personal interest in animation.

Re: Literary Criticism:

Lyka Jessa E. Vinluan
TOY STORY 1 by John Classeter

Based on my research the author of Toy Story 1 named John Classeter grew up in Whittier, California and his mother profession contributed to his growing preoccupation with animation. He also good in drew cartoons at the church of Christ where his family attended. And when he at home from school, because he loves cartoons he always watched CHUCK JONES on television. He is a good animator,  that’s why I conclude that Classeter created this movie which characters are different kinds of  toy that has an ability to speak off  because he loves watching cartoons. This movie is really good in terms of imagination. Because the author used his past experiences when he was a child. As I mentioned a while ago he is a person who is good regarding animations.

Re: Literary Criticism:

CRISTINE S. CUZON
    “Toy Story is now considered by many critics to be one of the best animated films ever made. The film received three Academy Award nominations, including Best Original Screenplay, Best Original Score, and Best Original Song for "You've Got a Friend in Me". Upon reading this statement, I felt amazed to the writer because he created a movie that was surely loved by everyone. By exploring the author’s name of this film, John Alan Lasseter was shown and as I read his biography I realized and analyzed his reason behind in making the “Toy Story”. Though it was not 100% stated by Mr. Lasseter that he is attracted with toys, it is clearly seen through his cinemas how he love those. His success and the road he took was obviously a way to express his talents in making unbelievable plots and animations. By watching the movie, the feelings and situations of every toys there was displayed and it made me scrutinized on how the author truly gave life to the toys involved. It looks like he wanted to give the viewers on how was the feeling of being a toy in every child.
    The awards he received and the position he has in his work revealed how gifted he is. His frustrations didn’t give him a chance to give up but rather to stand more and get better! Every author has his/her own stories and background behind and as a reader/watcher we must understand it for us to appreciate their works! Kudos!

Re: Literary Criticism:

Alvin B.Seniel BSEd IV-A
Biographical approach to the  movie "Toy Story "

 "There's a snake in my boot!", sheriff woody lines that I remember in Toy story movie.

 Toy Story is the first highly computer animated movie in 1990's directed by famous animator and film producer John Alan Lasseter. He is also the man behind the success of the movies: Lady and the lamp, Beauty and the Beast, Cars, and other 3D animated movies from Pixar and Disney.
  Lasseter has an aptitude and has a talent in creating great ideas and innovation in animation industry. He loved arts even on his childhood days. He was influence by his mother who was an art teacher and it contributes a lot on who is him today. During his first time working in Disney as a animator,he  promotes computer graphics animation that cause him to fired in Disney company. He wants to innovate the traditional animated character to more realistic one or 3D effect. Disney company didn't give him a chance to prove his genuine idea but he didn't give up to establish the truth about it. He continued working as freelance animator in Lucas Film Computer Graphics Group. He collaboratively work with the other animators like Alvy Ray Smith and Ed Catmull at Lucas Film Computer Graphics and turns name into Pixar Animation Studious.
On his almost 30 years staying in the company,the Toy Story movie is created.
 The next pages of his life is full of recognition and success of his innovative idea that they rejected before. He won different awards in animation and filming industry and his grand comeback in Disney as the chief executive officer in animation for both Walt Disney Studio and Pixar Studio.
  Going back to his famous masterpiece, Toy Story, we can say that Lasseter emotionally relate his feelings  to this movie specifically his childhood life and when he fired in Disney.
Like the toys in the movie who felt disregard by their owner,Andy, Lasseter idea in 3D animation was rejected.
 Another is , Lasseter point out in the movie is reflecting on his childhood days when he's playing toys and his relationship to it. The toys in the movie has a feeling like a human,has a heart like a human and they solved the problem they encountered like Lasseter proved in the world that his ideas about highly -effect animation is possible.
 The conflict in the movie is somewhat related to Lasseter's  hind cranes before he achieved his goal

Re: Literary Criticism:

Mary Ann P. Bandera
Biographical criticism- Toy Story

This story was one big ol' group effort with four writers ( Andrew Stanton, Joel Cohen, Alec Solokow, Joss Whedon),  but the original treatment  for  Toy Story is drafted by  John Lasseter, Andrew Stanton, and Pete Docter, where it is almost the same with Lesseter’s finished film Tin Toy. The main character, Tinny, would get lost during a family trip and join up with a ventriloquist dummy to find his way back home. Tinny eventually became an astronaut toy and the dummy morphed into a cowboy named Woody. The core idea of Toy Story was present from the treatment onward, however: that "toys deeply want children to play with them, and that this desire drives their hopes, fears, and actions”. The studio head Jeffrey Katzenberg, told Lasseter to reshape Toy Story  and suggested to watch some classic buddy movies which two characters with different attitudes are thrown together and have to bond. The script went through many changes before the final version. Lasseter decided Tinny was "too antiquated", and the character was changed to a military action figure, and then given a space theme. Tinny's name changed to Buzz Lightyear (after astronaut Buzz Aldrin). Lightyear's design was modeled on the suits worn by Apollo astronauts as well as G.I. Joe action figures. In addition, the green and purple color scheme on Lightyear's suit was inspired by Lasseter and his wife, Nancy, whose favorite colors were green and purple respectively. Woody, the second character, was inspired by a Casper the Friendly Ghost doll that Lasseter had when he was a child.

So, back to  Lasseter’s excellency ,interest and fashion in animation. He really loves animation since he was a child by watching  cartoons every Saturday morning  and his mother encouraged his interest by giving him a book on animation. Therefore  animation became his career choice. He studied character animation at the California Institute of the Arts. John lasseter became a vanguard in the use of computer-generated animation,who is responsible for some of the biggest animated box office hits, starting with 1995's Toy Story , He worked At Disney, as an animator with some of the last remaining pioneers of Disney's influential animation department .Then after a stint at Disney he won the first Academy Award ever given for a computer-generated animated film. Lasseter also worked for Pixar, which developed much of the computer-generated animation technology and served as the creative center for such animation.. As like I have sad earlier , since he was a child he already love watching cartoons, additionally with the encouragement of her mom in animation plus became his interest,a hobby and later on his successful career... that’s why he created/ directed Toy Story

John Lasseter is probably the most respected single person in American animation. He's a creative leader without being overbearing or over-controlling

Re: Literary Criticism:

Leizel Delos Santos
The first computer-generated cartoon, Tin Toy, for John Lasseter served as animator , director and model designer, served as inspiration of Pixar's to come up with the story Toy Story. in the film , a young boy named Andy owned tous who come to life when nobody is around. The story focused on woody, a cowboy doll, who affraid of being replaced by new toy, Buzz Lightyear - the astronaut.
Woody was basrd on a pull string Casper owned by John when he was a child. Buzzlightyear was based on  a G.I. Joe action figure also owned by John. Its color is based on their favorate color of his wife, voilet for his wife and green for him.  At age of five he won $15.00; his first award for crayon drawing of the Headless Horseman.  At early age he is fond of collecting toys and model trains and  gives his interest in animated-cartoon movies. Her mother is an Art teacher who support his interest in animation. He also work for his father's employer as a stock boy. this where his interest wides in cars and their history that gives him inspiration in his films.
 While in college he already produced films animated both winner of the Student Academy Award for Animation. He has the extensive collection of vintage toys and model trains.
Walt Disney is one of the person who imfluence him. Animation becomes Lasseter's career choise. Infact,he studied at the California mInstitute of the Arts In college where he studied charactera nimation.
He was hired at Disney after college. it becomes his stepping stonein gaining awards and success in developing computer-generated animation technology and responsible for 1995's Toy Story as one of the biggest animated box office hits. There are also influencial men in his field that persuade his works like Hayao Miyazaki. Star wars also inspires him in one scene of Toy Story which is closely the same in its one scene.
Lasseter always looked at computer animation not as a whole new art form but as a new medium wiyhin the art form of animation. What made Pixar unique, where he is the vice president, was that they did traditional animation films using computers. They alway put story and character foremost. He also believe that, one of the things that is different is the fact that the work they do is the story line and the personality of the character.

Re: Literary Criticism:

Alvin B.Seniel BSEd IV-A
Jacky May Lama

"Toy Story"
Jhon Lasseter is a Cartoon lover when he was a child.mhe wished to work in Walt Disney when he grows up. He want to become an animator so he decided to work in that company. But then on he got fired.
In this movie, the biography of the author's relates when Sheriff Woody (a toy) got shifted from the heart of Andy (the owner) with buzz light year, a fearless space ranger. Just like in the life of John Lasseter, he was rejected by Walt Disney because of his idea which is the 3D animation. He work in another company and develop this movie with his company. They put a lot of effort in this movie to prove his idea. After getting different awards from the movie toy story, Walt Disney requested him to work with their company again. He became a well known American animator.
The author of this movie wants us realize that even though they were only a toy we should give them importance. Because even they were only made up from woods or plastics they simply makes us happy even in a single moment of our life.

Re: Literary Criticism:

Alvin B.Seniel BSEd IV-A
Re: Literary Criticism:
Jul 28, 2017; 2:54pm — by  Erick Lumanog Erick Lumanog

Sir Ito po ung totoo. May naklimutan ako s unang gawa k.
Toy story
Andrew Stanton was a writer of the pixar movie entitled toy story, Andrew Stanton explain he is not proud of his first Disney-pixar film ,but quiet opposite because this is the real him. He remembers when buzz and woody are on the top of sid’s desk, with rain falling outside and woody trapped under the crate like his experience.
“woody builds up Buzz and says ‘you’re a toy, you’re the greatest toy,’ and that leads to him confessing how much he’s never seen himself as much of a great toy. It’s his own insecurity for being this raggedy cowboy doll against this sexy astronaut space toy,” Stanton explains. Buzz then looks down at his foot to see the word “andy” and makes up his mind to save woody.

Every scene he realized that he wrote is his own story that makes him not proud but i said quite opposite
12