Intro to Linguistic

Jaky May Lama
Historical Linguistic which is the study of language of change. Language changes by generations because language is dynamics. Just like what Mr. Sampilo said in the nature of language change that like in the middle English (1100-1500) they are still using an old English like Latin language and also some Modern English, the American English. Language is dynamic just like in our native speaking. We have our own language that only few of us understand, just like what we called jargon. There are causes of Language change that the reporter discussed like the articulatory simplification, spelling pronunciation analogy and Reanalysis and Language Contact. By these causes the language change. If we go back in old English time, or just read novel that the writer uses old English, we can't understand it without the help of dictionary because we are now in Modern generation and we are now using a Modern English which is the American English.

Re: Intro to Linguistic

Arlene Joy Q. Castillo
A lot of things change including the nature of language. What could be the importance of language change?
Nothing is permanent except changes. Everything has to change. Language had undergone a lot of changes including the sounds, its meaning and its form.  Change in language is important for a language to be easily understood by the people of the present generation. Imagine using the older language we can’t deny the fact that we find it hard to comprehend the meaning of those words used during those early years because they are deep in structure. Language changes for a better communication. It is for the present generation to find easy access of socializing and communicating with others using the words that are currently in use.
It is very important to know how the language changes. Change could be in the sounds, meanings and forms. Change in sound is important for us to be familiar enough how to pronounce properly the words. At the same time, change in sound could help us to be flexible and can easily mingle with the people using a particular place. If the language stick on one sound and do not vary as time changes, what would happen to some other people who prefer to use language in currently in use? They may find it hard to understand the language being used during the primitive years. On the other hand, the change of language in its meaning has something to do with the communication, acronym and initialization, blending, shortening and narrowing which is very important especially now a days because these words are commonly used by the people in this generations. This lexical change does not mean an exaggeration of the form of words rather a normal way of making the words in its simplest form.
Therefore, it is not wrong if we make a short or blend the words as long as you are getting the meaning of each there will be no problem to consider.